Team Cassini

I see too much bragging for something that has happened a number of times before. Hacked emulators hardly get any improvements at all, because raw ASM "source code" is nearly useless. You can't really work with it, you can, at most, hack it, unlock existing features or change some constants, but you must have God-like skills to add a new sound core, as example.

This is not negativism against you, people here are just being realistic, and you are boasting far more than you have in your hands. You're also taking someone's else emulator without any kind of visible approval and calling it your own. You should tone down your speech, then you'll get more support.

Saying it "has gone open source", and is now "public" will get every single Saturn dev'er (and serious emulator dev people) to look funny at you. You should admit it is a hack, not a whole new revolutionary project of DOOM, and state it clear.

Some hacked emulators that didn't improve at all from their originals:

- SegaGen (hacked Smash Pack)

- Bleemcast

- Emurayden (hacked VGS)

DCGenerator is a port of James Ponder's Generator. You're probably thinking of "SegaGen", which wasn't even a hack, just a name that Cheater007 made up for people to type instead of "the ripped Smash Pack emu". And I'm not aware that Bleemcast has ever been hacked, although an early beta was apparently leaked.

no hacks, just leaks for Bleemcast

there were some ISOs that had PSX games and the emu on the same disc though.

Indeed, I mistook the name. I really meant SegaGen.

Sure, Bleemcast wasn't really hacked, it was more like "cracked". Remember, the original blue version was locked to run on a single Dreamcast unit. That lockout was removed.

I never actually used it, but I wonder if a menu of sorts was added to it? Well, I put that in nearly the same level as what's going on with GiriGiri: take an existing emulator that was bound to some games (In GG case, it was bound to loading games through the Cyberdisc system), rip it and modify it a tad to read whatever you throw at it.

Something very similar to this followed the Bleemcast leakage. I remember people boasting they would disassemble and improve Bleemcast. Nothing of that really happened. A buncha SH4 ASM files were posted somewhere, and nobody got around to add something to the emulator, or increase compatibility.

Heck, the Quake C source made avaliable by ID Software is already hard enough to use, due to it's lack of comments and unfriendly structure. But I'll just shut up and wait. Who can guarantee our friend won't be able to improve compatibility and speed with only a bunch of spaghetti assembly code? Maybe he can surprise all of us.

Antime is going to love this :D

This guy (barnito) wasn't aware of any documentation about the saturn, so I pointed Antime's website to him, and look there ! He has a huge rar with compilers docs, etc ... matching Antime's website contents ...

And guess what ? There isn't any mention of Antime anywhere ... :smash

Considering the general utter lameness of that guy I'm not surprised, but I don't care too much. They are available so people can download them, and I can not make any claims regarding them.

Calling this open source would be like having someone dump disassemble the NT kernel, zip up the files, and call it a open-source OS. :sleep:

all i can say is, my 110% support goes to Runik and Guillaume. You guys keep up the superb work :cheers :blush:

K guys, sorry for bumping this lame topic, but this just blows my mind.

Cassini v2 with IMPROVED COMATIBILITY!!!1!1!11

http://www.barnitos.net/cassini/

Oyea, I also heard a rumor that the reason why the page was dead till now was because the cops raided some guys who pirated games and was living in the same street as Barnito (eg he shit his pants and took the site down).

Cassini v2 with IMPROVED COMATIBILITY!!!1!1!11

I think someone's reading too much into it. As far as I understand it, he just updated the games.dat file which any jack-ass could do and not gain any compatibility improvements. What's -really- amazing is that since these guys are so good and all, why do they still rely on such un-needed tools as gentoc, iso2raw, or satconv? It's a third-rate hack if you ask me.

Cyber Warrior X

the guy is clearing trying to gain some fame through someone elses work. or at least that is how i see it.

I think someone's reading too much into it. As far as I understand it, he just updated the games.dat file which any jack-ass could do and not gain any compatibility improvements.

I know that. note the 1s and "coma-tibility" for sarcasm.

Really, isn't there something we could do to get rid of this guy? I hate liar attention hogs like him, and he brings shame to the sega emulation community.

Is there anyone else even trying to get famous? He is a ************ indeed, but at least he is trying.

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Tue, 2005-07-26 @ 11:31 AM

Is there anyone else even trying to get famous? He is a ************ indeed, but at least he is trying.

[post=137270]Quoted post[/post]​

What is he trying ? Stealing someone else work ? Yes indeed, he suceeded ...

ahaha christ I don't even know how to ridicule this cause there are so many ways.

lemme check this vomit.

in his frontend, he recorded the sound effect mad by SSF in the bios menu and used that one (which, by the way, does not sound like the exact hardware)

He added a "debugger" which is actually just the last non-commercial version of Girigiri.

He claims that he does not include any BIOS files, only a hacked homebrew one. Yet there's a self-extract ACE archive in the bios folder which has 6 bios files in it, and the frontend can extract those.

by the way, about the bios files:

Brazil.bin <-- same as japanese 1.01 bios

Euro.bin <-- same as USA 1.01a bios, expect for two irrevelant bytes in the country header changed at 0x800 (from WDR to BTR)

Japan.bin <-- same as japanese 1.01 bios

Taiwan.bin <-- same as japanese 1.01 bios

US.bin <-- same as USA 1.01a bios

Gen.bin <-- same as USA 1.01a bios, but changed the copytight from

"COPYRIGHT© SEGA ENTERPRISES,LTD. 1994 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED "

to

"GENERIC GLOBAL SEGA SATURN EMULATION BIOS 2005 BY SNAILSOFT "

Their "updated games.dat" file is in fact a copy of the homebrew one here

http://sses.s102.xrea.com/emulator/girigiri-gav.html

of course reformatted with their own names strapped on them

In their controller config option, the menu does not copy whatever button you press, but in fact you can enter the numeric value of the pressed key (!!!), which is the most retarded bug I ever saw, even for a fake program like this.

Of course, the fact that every game runs exactly the same as in the original girigiri-gav, is not a surprise after this.

Back