Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

So far we have: new game, new movie, new TV show. Guess they're trying to revive the franchise. But I'd just be happy if they replayed all the old Turtles episodes. That show was sweet.

This new game looks awesome though!
biggrin.gif

Maybe this might revive the beat-em-ups if it does well? I'm assuming that's what it's gonna be by the looks of the screens and the old games.

This is a perfect use of 'cell shading' I think it looks beautiful!

Would it be bad manners to hotlink to their image. Ahhh, I don't care.
wink.gif

tmnt.jpg

What is that caption at the bottom left? I think it says something about Vanilla Ice? I think it's something like "Sorry, but revived rapper Vanilla Ice (T.M.N.T) ......" ?

Hmmm, apparently the game is still stuck in the 80s :edit:Opps, geez I'm dated, I meant 90s
blush.gif
, and it's just like the Turtles to use cheezy one liners as humor. I hope it doesn't litter the whole game with crap like this.

I remember a TMNT game on the NES, that game was about impossible. I never have beat it.

nope, no new movie. John Woo was set to direct a 'darker' CG Turtles movie, but it fell through ome time ago. Although the TV shows are still going

It says (Sorry, 80's rapper Vannilla Ice (TMNT Secret of the Ooze) will not be unlockable

yeah that first TMNT game for the NES was a pain.

I had it for DOS. It ticked me off so bad.

I only played it cause it was Turtles

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@May 6, 2003 @ 05:27 PM

What is that caption at the bottom left? I think it says something about Vanilla Ice? I think it's something like "Sorry, but revived rapper Vanilla Ice (T.M.N.T) ......" ?

WHAT?! You mean to tell me you dont remember the ninja rap?

oh, yeah. I think I remember something like that. Wasn't it a rap Vanilla Ice sang for the turtles?

laugh.gif
Could you sing it for me?
biggrin.gif
It might help spark a memory.

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@May 6, 2003 @ 02:27 PM

Hmmm, apparently the game is still stuck in the 80s :edit:Opps, geez I'm dated, I meant 90s
blush.gif
, and it's just like the Turtles to use cheezy one liners as humor. I hope it doesn't litter the whole game with crap like this.

I don't think it's one-liner, it looks more like a caption from a magazine.

Originally posted by Tindo@heart@May 6, 2003 @ 06:22 PM

oh, yeah. I think I remember something like that. Wasn't it a rap Vanilla Ice sang for the turtles?

laugh.gif
Could you sing it for me?
biggrin.gif
It might help spark a memory.

Go ninja go ninja go, go ninja go ninja go! *DaDa...DaDADADA*
laugh.gif

I love the NES game. Yeah, it was pretty goddamned hard but it was the first perfect conversion from comic/tv show to video game form - quintessential turtles (you get to drive the van!). I played it just this weekend... got to stage four (warehouses... have to avoid detection).

Let me see if I remember this properly...

Yo, it's the green machine

Gonna rock the town without being seen

Have you ever seen a turtle get down?

Slammin' and jammin to the _____ sound

Yeah, everybody lets move

Vanilla is here with the New Jack Groove

Gonna rock, and roll the place

With the power of the Ninja Turtle Bass

Iceman, you know I'm not playin'

Devastate the show why the Turtles are sayin'

(Chorus) Ninja, Ninja Rap....

If I worked at it I'd probably remember more. But in the movie, he never does go into the second part of the song. Jesus, it didn't take much to amuse me, then.

Originally posted by MTXBlau@May 6, 2003 @ 06:46 PM

I love the NES game. Yeah, it was pretty goddamned hard but it was the first perfect conversion from comic/tv show to video game form - quintessential turtles (you get to drive the van!). I played it just this weekend... got to stage four (warehouses... have to avoid detection).

Let me see if I remember this properly...

Yo, it's the green machine

Gonna rock the town without being seen

Have you ever seen a turtle get down?

Slammin' and jammin to the _____ sound

Yeah, everybody lets move

Vanilla is here with the New Jack Groove

Gonna rock, and roll the place

With the power of the Ninja Turtle Bass

Iceman, you know I'm not playin'

Devastate the show why the Turtles are sayin'

(Chorus) Ninja, Ninja Rap....

If I worked at it I'd probably remember more. But in the movie, he never does go into the second part of the song. Jesus, it didn't take much to amuse me, then.

hey as a early-teeniebopper in the 90s I thought it was pretty cool at the time
smile.gif

The new TV show is pretty awesome, if anyone's been watching it. Longer storylines, darker plots, much more like the original Mirage comics than the 90's cartoon. Mirage is back publishing a new comic series picking up after the original. The storylines have been pretty good, but the artwork hasn't been so great. Dreamwave (the people publishing the new Transformers comics) will be publishing a new TMNT comic series based on the new cartoon, with Peter David writing.

The Ninja Turtles have rode the wave of 80's and early 90's relaunches to come out on top!

Even if it wasn't a TMNT title, ANY new 2D beat-em-up game would have my attention! Is anyone else sick of arena fighting games?

And don't diss Vanilla Ice. Y'all should check out his "Hard to Swallow" and "Bipolar" albums.

Back