Lords of Thunder

Popful Mail

Robo Aleste

Silpheed

Sonic CD (U)(920)

Sol Feace

Soul Star

Star Blade

I've only finished three Sega CD games (Sonic CD, Snatcher + Lunar) and only own 4 (+pack-in games), so I'm no expert on the subject, but I think Sol Feace is severly underrated. I find it hard to believe several movie liscensed games are better than it. But then again, maybe they are I wouldn't know. :lol:

Money has been tight for the past year, but now I hope to play some of these games from the list.

I don't know why Batman and Final Fight are in the list.

I got both, but never noticed anything exceptional.

Core Design was the major publisher pushing the Mega CD to it's limits.

So chosing from Battlecorps, Soulstar and Thunderhawk,

it's Thunderhawk that has to be listed

Originally posted by lordofduct+Wed, 2005-06-08 @ 10:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(lordofduct @ Wed, 2005-06-08 @ 10:43 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>In my honest opinion, if you own a Sega CD you should own ALL the great RPGs it has! And this last lacks one in particular that I loved. Unless it got voted off before (and I don't know why), why isn't Dark Wizard on the list??? No need to add it if you like the nice round number of 20... but this was a very good game on the SegaCD. There are others, but due to them either being only Jap or just not as good as the ones on the list, but then you do have Jurassic Park on there (i.e. Ecco2 which has just enough more to offer then the genny one, those videos just rock, and the soundtrack sounds so much better.and every version of Shadowrun just rocked, even the SegaCD one!) But eh, this is my opinion only.

[post=135113]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

The reason why Dark Wizard isn't on the list is because it isn't a well-known game at all. Heck, even I hadn't even heard about it, until the sega cd was being discontinued, and got a copy for $9.99 at Toys R Us. I agree with you on that game. Dark Wizard quickly became my favorite game for a long time, and I still have urges to play it occasionally.

In fact, when I was experimenting with creating an emulator pc, that hooked straight to my television (s-vid out graphics card), I played it for awhile on gens, along with a lot of other emulators (snes, 32x/gen/scd, sms, arcade, pc engine, even atari, and more), and it just seems so much more fun to play all of these great games on a 60" screen! I had built some snes adapters for it at the time, as well as psx pad to usb adapters, which made it a little more realistic.

The computer was also setup so that it would have minimal configurating and using keyboards and such, by running an ftp server as a startup service, where I could just logon from another computer, upload/update files, and not have to worry about hooking and unhooking pieces and parts all of the time.

Unfortunately, as I stated, this was an experiment PC, and it was eventually disassembled, with hopes to build one with a permanent position in the future, possibly a mini itx.

<!--QuoteBegin-Rockin'-B
@Tue, 2005-06-14 @ 10:39 AM

I got both, but never noticed anything exceptional.

[post=135281]Quoted post[/post]​

[/quote]

Considering final fight was my favorite game in the arcades for many years, I purchased the snes version of it and was disappointed. So, I purchased the sega cd version right after it came out. If you compare the sega cd and snes versions of it, you'll see the sega cd version is far more superior. As far as I know, the sega cd version is the only true to arcade version out. Better graphics, better sound, and you get to pick all three of the original characters, unlike two on the snes.

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Tue, 2005-06-14 @ 10:39 AM

Ignore the platform half of Batman Returns completely. Just play "Driving Only" mode. The driving half of that game is the funnest arcade driving combat I've ever played. You do as much damager ramming bad guys off the road into buildings as you do shooting them. And in later levels, you get to do the same thing, only in the batboat on some really cool waving sewer-water effects (for the SegaCD). And whenever you blow up a bad guy, they explode into dozens of parts, and the parts splatter on the road. And the soundtrack is really good too (mix of electric guitar with synth). And bad guys (and you) catch fire and smoke as they take damage.

but I think Sol Feace is severly underrated. I find it hard to believe several movie liscensed games are better than it. But then again, maybe they are I wouldn't know. laugh.gif

Sol Feace is okay-ish, but there are plenty of superior shooters on the SCD. Lords of Thunder, Android Assault, and Robo Aleste for example. In fact, all those games are better than Silpheed as well, IMO.

Also, I'm sure many people feel differently, but Night Trap sucks. I'd rather play Sewer Shark, and that's not saying much.

In my opinion, the only games worth playing on the Sega CD are Keio Flying Squadron, Sonic CD, Dune, Chuck Rock, Earthworm Jim, and maybe Eternal Champions. And one of the Sega 2342-in-1 compilations, the one that had Columns and Shinobi (forgot the name).

Speaking of final fight, has anyone checked out the trailer to the new final fight streetwise on xbox? I haven't heard so much cussing on a game yet......

Originally posted by malakai

The reason why Dark Wizard isn't on the list is because it isn't a well-known game at all. Heck, even I hadn't even heard about it, until the sega cd was being discontinued, and got a copy for $9.99 at Toys R Us. I agree with you on that game. Dark Wizard quickly became my favorite game for a long time, and I still have urges to play it occasionally.

In fact, when I was experimenting with creating an emulator pc, that hooked straight to my television (s-vid out graphics card), I played it for awhile on gens, along with a lot of other emulators (snes, 32x/gen/scd, sms, arcade, pc engine, even atari, and more), and it just seems so much more fun to play all of these great games on a 60" screen! I had built some snes adapters for it at the time, as well as psx pad to usb adapters, which made it a little more realistic.

The computer was also setup so that it would have minimal configurating and using keyboards and such, by running an ftp server as a startup service, where I could just logon from another computer, upload/update files, and not have to worry about hooking and unhooking pieces and parts all of the time.

Unfortunately, as I stated, this was an experiment PC, and it was eventually disassembled, with hopes to build one with a permanent position in the future, possibly a mini itx.

Yeah, I used to do that when I lived at my buddies house... I couldn't bring my vid game systems due to space restrictions... I had to stay in his parents office. (I got kicked out of my house for snapping on my brother while on the road in jacksonville, beating the snot out of him on the side of the road, then having someone drive from West palm and pick me up... the bastard STILL owes me money for that job) Anyways, so I had everything running on my PC and out to my TV through my Ti4200... now that I have a 57 inch HDTV and live on my own I was in the process of building a Mini-ITX HTPC with all the emulators in them. Now its gonna be an ATX mobo because my friend is giving me his comp when I build him a new one, all it needs is an HDD and video card. Thankfully I got a bunch of HDDs lieing in my closet and my other friend is giving me yet another Ti4200 (I love that card) and I'm gonna hook that bisnatch up!

One of the reasons I don't mind selling off my collection right now!

Back