The state of Nintendo

I'd really like to get a feel for you opinions of the current generation of Nintendo products. Are you happy with them? Do you think that they are delivering on their promise of the "Nintendo Difference"? Is anything missing? What should they do more of? What should they do less of?

Your thoughts on this matter, whatever they may be, from personal experience with promotions, hardware, software, etc to the apparent loss of market share to newcomer, Microsoft, are invaluable to this conversation.

Literally, this is you chance to praise their brilliance or rub salt in open wounds! So go wild, have your say!

Quote: from Karny on 5:11 am on Jan. 30, 2003
I'd really like to get a feel for you opinions of the current generation of Nintendo products. Are you happy with them? Do you think that they are delivering on their promise of the "Nintendo Difference"? Is anything missing? What should they do more of? What should they do less of?

Your thoughts on this matter, whatever they may be, from personal experience with promotions, hardware, software, etc to the apparent loss of market share to newcomer, Microsoft, are invaluable to this conversation.

Literally, this is you chance to praise their brilliance or rub salt in open wounds! So go wild, have your say!

I think reel big fish summed up Nintendo's situation best with their song title 'sayounara senorita' :(

I think they are doing a great job and have released many top notch games for the GC and the GBA. It's the whole quality over quantity thing going for them now.

I think they are going an excellent job with both the GC and the GBA.

The accessories set them apart (eReader, Link Cable, GB Player, Wavebird)

There are lots of compelling GBA games coming out that are really starting to show off the handheld's power.

While I can't speak from experience on the GC, the system looks interesting enough to be my first "next-gen" system purchase. While it may not even be close to selling as many systems and games as the PS2, it has enough unique games to make it stand out.

One downfall of the big N is that they still seem to be up to their practice of price fixing their games. Haven't seem any "Greatest Hits" games yet at a reduced price. Even XBox is going to do this.

Liking Nintendo atm because they are continuing to make more 'original' titles and not just computer game ports (mostly first person shooters). Being not much of a sport game fan I'm glad that there aren't too many clogging up the shelves. Happy that they aren't abandoning the 2D genre by re-releasing some old-school games and even some modern 2D games. Much happy with the news of ikaruga coming to GC in europe.
:) :) :) :) :) - What can I say?

Im currently fairly happy with what their doing, all except for two things:

1. The Gamecube still has no real RPG's.

2. I want a realistic looking Zelda!

Once they start bringing out things like those mentioned above, I will be perfectly happy with nintendo :)

Quote: from Fabrizo on 7:10 am on Jan. 31, 2003
Im currently fairly happy with what their doing, all except for two things:

1. The Gamecube still has no real RPG's.

Didn't Skies of Arcadia Legends just come out?
Although if you already have the DC version, it's not really new material

Well, I meant exclusive RPG's actualy...Besides, I already have two copies of Skies of Arcadia for DC, and theirs no way I would buy another for the Gcube unless it had so much new material that it could almost be considered a sequel.

Of course. Nintendo makes good products.

I think Nintendo needs to be more aggressive with pricing. The Mario Sunshine bundle this past holiday, was a complete, utter joke. M$ clearly had the superior bundle, and what's more is the additional games included were free. I wasn't surprised to hear that Xbox did better than GameCube in December sales.(at least in the US)

Nintendo is still #2 in total hardware sales (thanks to Japan), but they are #3 in the US & European markets. (it's real close in Europe)

Anyway; I think Nintendo needs to lower their software prices for million selling titles (like Racketboy said)

They did it during the N64 era, why aren't they doing it now? At least Nintendo has a monopoly in the handheld market to fallback on. Sound familiar?

*calls it a night*

(Edited by cww80 at 1:02 am on Feb. 3, 2003)

I am not into Garbage but this summarizes my feelings sort of loosely. I should go into detail but some of my thoughts I have forgotten and others I am not exactly in the mood to post.
I'm living without you but I know all about you I have run you down into the ground Spread disease about you over town I used to adore you I couldn't control you There was nothing that I wouldn't do To keep myself around and close to you Do you have an opinion A mind of your own I thought you were special I thought you should know But I've run out of patience I couldn't care less I used to amuse you But I knew that I'd lose you Now you're here and begging for a chance But there's no way in hell I'd take you back Do you have an opinion A mind of your own I thought you were special I thought you should know But I've run out of patience I've run out of comments I'm tired of the violence I couldn't care less I'm looking for a new infection I'm looking for a new invention But we were the talk of the town

I have become more and more aware that the 1st party is the worst party to be at just like in life. You know to skip the prom shit at just the right moment. You know your only there to make an appearance and find out where the after-prom parties or parties being held simultaneously are. In conclusion, the third party is the shindig to be at. If you aren't here then I'll just have to help myself to your beer. :D

They do appear to be trying. They recently annonced they are going to finally use the "greatest hits". They also announced that they were going to cut rhe cost of the Sunshine Bundle.

Back