"The Swap Method"

MYLO, the swap method is for the sega saturn (can also be used for Playstation but is harder). Because of an earlyer post you made I know you dont own one, but once (if) you do, you might want to download and burn some games to see what you might like to see what is worth buying to you. I burn games all the time now, but only so as to see what ones I would like to buy, not so as to get them free. You could do that, but I find it somehow moraly wrong to download a game and then keep it for a permanent copy. For saturn that is, for DC they seam to where out the system so I don't use them, but for sega cd I realy don't care, scence I find almost none of the games for that system are worth buying. Their fun, but not good enough to make me shell out the greens for them.

(Edited by Fabrizo at 10:26 pm on Oct. 26, 2001)

I used to own a Sega Saturn, back in 1997 or 1998, whenever it came out, but never really liked it, for was very naieve on the subject of "Gaming" and "Emulation", for I was 12 at the time, and I didnt have a computer. Unfortunatly, I sold it when I bought my dreamcast, to scroung up some money to pay for it. Dumb Mistake? Maybe, but I did it, maybe some day I will get another one, but I hate buying online.

If you do plan on getting a Saturn, you better get one soon. The new units are becoming more and more rare. Getting it *used* is only a last resort for me.

And remember to get it modded and get yourself the PAR 4-in-1 cart as well, comes in very handy since originals wear out over time and certain great fighting games exists only as imports.

Original wear out over time? I suppose if they get scratched or heat/water damage that could happen, but do they inherantly fall apart for you? My games are all mint, 100% no scratches or damage of any sort. Some of them I have had science like a couple of months after the saturn came out (late 1995). Please tell me its not inherant, I think I might lose my mind if so.

Well, as far as I know, CDs haven't been around long enough for us to really know how long they'll last. Presumably they'll fall apart eventually, but even conservative estimates I've seen say they'll last 50 years.

I went to a hall of records, or something like that with my dad a couple of months ago and I saw that all of the records their are stored not on CDs, but on things that look like old 8-track tapes. I asked them why thats what they used, and they told me its because those things, unlike CDs, last up to 500 years. They also said that if the magnetic tape inside them broke, they can always just tape it back together. I wish disks lasted that long. Its ok I guess for disks to last around 50 years, sence by then ill be almost 70, if not dead anyways.

i bet if someone bought a cd the day they came out (1983? '85?) and didn't treat it like crap, but did use it, it would be lasting to this day. Have you ever tried to snap a cd in half with your bear hands? It can be done but boy is it tough.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@July 31 2002, 4:24 pm

i bet if someone bought a cd the day they came out (1983? '85?) and didn't treat it like crap, but did use it, it would be lasting to this day. Have you ever tried to snap a cd in half with your bear hands? It can be done but boy is it tough.

no it isn't, just watch your eyes the things always explode every where. What happened to the gold ring gallstaff??

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Aug. 01 2002, 10:00 pm

Ken exploded the crap out of it with the shoryuken that's what.

Impressive!
ohmy.gif
biggrin.gif
icon14.gif

if you got a cd from 83 and tossed it into a modern cd drive the cd would explode from being spun up to such a high speed.

Back