The Trouble with Dragon Force...

Hey! I burned Dragon Force and found that on rare occassions the game freezes up when trying to load the overworld map (the regular map you use to control all your generals). This only ever happens after fights, and though it's got a (roughly) 1/20 chance of happening, its still a crack wh*re after huge campaigns. I 've got a model 1 saturn, and burned it with a Princo CD. I don't know if this is relevant, but on my 1002 playstation, Princo's don't run to crash hot.

Anyway, i burned other games with the same *fine* quality cd, and they run ok. If any of you guys can help me out i'd be...well... um, grateful.

On a further note, if i burned the game with another cd brand would it have any effect on the problem?

Thankyouverymuchyes.

The CD media could be a problem. There was a thread recently about people experiences with different brands. That might prove to be some good reading for you.

On the other hand, burn speed could also be an issue. Some people are able to burn quite fast and have no problems, but as a general rule, the slower you burn is better.

Hmmm...well that was an interesting read...and though it doesn't prove my point (i had a point?) i swear by mine honor that Princo doth suck ass.

And hereforth endeth the lesson...

Oh, and thanks Mal! I'll just check out a few brands, guess it all comes down to experimentation.

Ithakyouyes.

Well...I just checked out a few other brands and wouldn't you know it? Each has the [/u]same problem. I used a blank brandless cd and burned it at two speed using Easy CD Pro. Exactly the same result...man it shites me up the wall.

I also used a Kodak, and burned at 4 speed...I'm noticing a trend here...maybe its not the CD <gasp!>

I've dowloaded this off Ralos' Server for the 2nd time - the first time gave me errors in the last two files (the rar, and methinks file 15?) and after testing it, unraring it, it has had ZERO errors. I'm a spas at these things so any additional help

would be great, even if it's not helpful...ignore that last comment...

Ithankyouyes.

Originally posted by Rorscach@July 01 2002,12:43

I've dowloaded this off Ralos' Server for the 2nd time - the first time gave me errors in the last two files (the rar, and methinks file 15?) and after testing it, unraring it, it has had ZERO errors.

So, the three discs you burnt was from the rars with errors?

If so, have you tried burning it from these new error free files? I'm a little confused here...

Howeee! Ignore my previously ambiguos posts...

Step 1: I downoladed an 'errored' Dragon force off Ralos. I then deleted it under the impression it was bad.

Step 2: I downoladed Dragon Force of Ralos one more time this time error free.

Step 3: I Burned "Error Free Dragon Force" with Princo, some nameless blank, and on Kodak. I then played...

Step 4: Still have problems loading World map.

Thankyouverynice...

I guess the only thing you can really do is to try downloading a different rip. It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong in terms of extracting or burning.

I've got a copy of it but haven't played it enough yet to see if I have the same problem with mine.

BWAHAHAHAHA! LOL!!!...howeee...that sucks...

I really don't have anything left to say, except that that's one anally retentive Iso. And goddammit, i've already said that twice. So without much further ado, i'd like to thankyou mal for you ever endearing support through this tribulation, my always adoring fans, the academy...uh...wrong fantasy.
tongue.gif

Yes. Download. Again. 56k. Long time. All night. Meh...

Iamahobo.

Back