There's a board missing..

Good question.

It seems that someone or some people have been creating a bit of chaos.

The FTP forum has been closed, Ratamahatta and Fabrizo have been banned and Iceman2k and Karny have been de-admined.

Not much has happened since and nobody is giving any sort of explanation. ???

I'm working on the problem. Some people thought it would be funny to mess up the boards.

Im supprised no one tryed to DoS Lightspeedcomputers itself yet (With all this stuff going on).

Okay the admin powers have been restored to Ice.

Why i did it:

I strongly believe that posting on the front page about a "massive" ftp in the works is a really, really, really stupid idea. This coupled with other blatant "power moves" by Ratamahatta (among which were casually slandering other staffers) prompted me to do what I did.

Now I still don't support the ftp forum, but it is Ice's perogative to restore it if he chooses.

This was basically an object lesson. Tough Love.

Originally posted by News Page@Nov. 14 2002, ?:?? pm

RevQuixo - FTP section

Well once again, I have been overruled as to the direction of the site and as such and attempts to legitimize SegaXtreme have effectively gone down the tubes. As such, I am resigning from SegaXtreme, as I do not want to be associated with a warez site. By allowing FTPs in again, we open ourselves to all sorts of content that otherwise would not and SHOULD NOT be allowed in a public forum.

So enjoy yourselves. I'll see some of you when my new site, Video Game Rebirth opens up. In the meantime, I wash my hands of SegaXtreme.

I thought you'd left in disgust when the FTP forum was re-opened.

Why did you stick around just to make life difficult? It seems really petty.

Why did you stick around just to make life difficult?

To promote change, a positive change. Probably the same reason why environmentalists lobby governments so hard to clean up the earth we live in, or the reason why people get upset when there isn't enough books for children in school to read. When something is wrong people speak up. This is even more so when the organization they believe in and trust starts to do things which betrays that trust.

This is the reason why SX is polarizing into two sides. One can't honestly say its happening because one half of SX just likes to cause trouble. This odviously must be a serious issue, which people feel is wrong, because more than half of SX dosn't suddenly start to polarize for nothing.

Umm, you've misinterpreted me completely.

I meant that after the dramatic statements about washing his hands of SegaXtreme (ie leaving), why did he come back and make such a cowardly attack on the board and some of it's members? I would have said that was a huge betrayal of trust.

Nothing positive came out of it. Rev had alraedy made is feelings quite clear about the FTP forum. Hijacking the boards provided no lesson no matter how he rationalizes it.

Now, the FTP forum is back for better or for worse.

I'm not real happy about it, but it's here and we have to deal with it. I'm not against discussion and debate on the subject of it's existance, but a stunt like that achieves nothing good.

Oh but positive change did happen. Ratta quit and Iceman realized it was a mistake bringing him on board.

As far as being petty, well I could have done far worse . I had access to the litespeed server, and I could have erased the site and the boards. As it stands I only temporarily neutralized a couple of members to make a point.

Now, my qualm was with Iceman2k, mal. I don't expect you to understand (or quite frankly think I need to make an explanation to you) so please stay out of it.

Originally posted by RevQuixo@Nov. 18 2002, 11:57 pm

Oh but positive change did happen. Ratta quit and Iceman realized it was a mistake bringing him on board.

You've got me there...

As far as being petty, well I could have done far worse . I had access to the litespeed server, and I could have erased the site and the boards. As it stands I only temporarily neutralized a couple of members to make a point.

And your point is?

So you could have done much more. Is that meant to justify your actions?

Now, my qualm was with Iceman2k, mal. I don't expect you to understand (or quite frankly think I need to make an explanation to you) so please stay out of it.

You deal with your issues privately, it stays private.

You deal with your issues publicly, then they're out there for everyone.

Don't tell me to stay out of it now. You made it everyone's business when you hijacked the messageboards.

I would have thought this stunt would only harm the case of those who disagree with the FTP section, to be honest.. Even if it did 'get rid' of Power Hungry Hippo.

Thus begins Iceman2k's 'War on Messageboard Terror'.. :
wink.gif
:

man 1 day of not checking in and i miss something

my only comment is

why do people screw with things that are not thiers - what ever happend, from what i gather i would almost put that in the same catagory as keying a car thats not yours or putting toilet paper on some ones bushes -- in reality i have no idea of the politics behind the scenes at this site - but if the owner wanted to do something it wasnt right for a guest that was given certain abilites to take advantage of them because he lost his temper

Originally posted by RevQuixo@Nov. 18 2002, 6:57 am

Isn't what you did considered illegal, I think it is. If Iceman2k could, I belive that he could take you to court for your actions. I really don't know much that went on behind the scenes though, but from what I have read it seems likely that you are liable for some "destruction" of this website.

That's my opinion, I'm not a lawyer or anything. Besides doing so would be like calling the cops and telling them that someone broke your windshield of the car you stole.

The best thing you could have done RevQuixo was just leave with your honor and dignity like you said you would, but you decided not to and created a mess of problems.

You know, none of this really affected any of you guys in the slightest, so I don't really am having a hard time fathoming what the big deal is.

I gave Ice back his admin powers the second that he asked me for them back. It didn't "hold anything over him" nor force him to do anything.

Ice and I have no issues at this point. So move on.

Illegal??

Ha that's rich.

I didn't hack into the site. I had Admin control..was given admin control...and transfered it back to Ice when he asked.

Deleting a forum thats sole purpose is to distribute pirated software is illegal? Yea, kinda like killing a serial murderer.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Nov. 18 2002, 8:39 am

killing a serial murderer.

If that serial murderer's family had lawyers, you'd be in big trouble.
smile.gif

Back