this is awesome

Heh yeah I've been thinking about getting one of those. I could use it for SCII, Viewtiful Joe, the GBP, and the Zelda Collector's disc. But I keep thinking... Hori pad... or X-Arcade GC adapter (I already own a 2p X-Arcade)? .. The other option is to use my PS2-GC adapter and purchase one of those 'retrocon' controllers, but I'm not sure if that will even work at all. Anyway, someone help me decide!

Originally posted by aaron@Dec 12, 2003 @ 02:22 AM

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=...oducts_id=2467&

i want one. this has probably been posted before.

but shit, get a game boy player and all those great redux's, and your GCN is a resurrected SNES!!

Lik Sang isn't the best place to buy, since they have ex$pen$ive shipping fees (which is ok, folks are in HK after all). I bought my back then Gameboy Player was released. I bought it from an eBay dealer for about 23$ shipped. It works well, quality is good. But somehow GBA gaming on TV isn't all that special. I never used Hori pad after first try. GBA SP is so much better for me.

eh, the gamecube adaptor for the x-arcade isn't that useful. I bought it for use with cvsnk2:EO for the cube. The button mapping is set up in such a way that you can't actually have a classic capcom 6 button setup without modifying hte insides of the x-arcade(which I did).

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Dec 12, 2003 @ 02:27 PM

eh, the gamecube adaptor for the x-arcade isn't that useful. I bought it for use with cvsnk2:EO for the cube. The button mapping is set up in such a way that you can't actually have a classic capcom 6 button setup without modifying hte insides of the x-arcade(which I did).

Eh, well, I don't care about CvS2 that much, I have it on DC already. Mainly I'd be using the X-Arcade with Soul Calibur 2 and Ikaruga. It should work ok for that right? Which seven buttons are used? And is there any lag? (I've heard the PS2 adapter causes some noticable lag... no probs with the DC one so far though)

I haven't noticed any lag, but I hardly ever use it, I've foudn mostly I just use it on my pc mostly for mame and stuff.

and a GCN VGA box too while you're at it.

Only if you like ass (composite) video to undergo yet another conversion so that the video quality is even worse.

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Dec 12, 2003 @ 04:14 PM

PS1 adapter? Shame on you. Yuck.

The only use I see for that would be playing Megaman Zero and Zero 2 on the Game Boy Player using all four face buttons.

Hah, yeah well no one said you can't own both a PS1 and a PS2 adapter.

Who knows, maybe there's some 3rd party controller that doesn't work well with PS2 adapters.

Originally posted by ratfish+Dec 12, 2003 @ 08:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ratfish @ Dec 12, 2003 @ 08:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Tagrineth@Dec 12, 2003 @ 04:14 PM

PS1 adapter? Shame on you. Yuck.

The only use I see for that would be playing Megaman Zero and Zero 2 on the Game Boy Player using all four face buttons.

Hah, yeah well no one said you can't own both a PS1 and a PS2 adapter.

Who knows, maybe there's some 3rd party controller that doesn't work well with PS2 adapters. [/b][/quote]

Well techincally it doesn't matter AT ALL anyway because the only difference between PS1 and PS2 is the analogue buttons, and so the only benefit the GCN gets is the shoulders work "correctly" for the scant handful of games that actually use the GCN's analogue triggers.

those retrocon controllers just look fucked. i like the way these look, though, i'll probably be getting one soon. maybe i should get a GB player first 😀

oh, and an update: i got a gold SP yesterday 🙂🙂🙂

Originally posted by aaron@Dec 14, 2003 @ 02:27 AM

those retrocon controllers just look fucked. i like the way these look, though, i'll probably be getting one soon. maybe i should get a GB player first 😀

oh, and an update: i got a gold SP yesterday 🙂🙂🙂

how much does sp run by? i heard they release the prequel to final fantasy adventures and i'm fiending to play it.

the GBA is $69. the SP's are still $99.

also, i think the game you're talking about is sword of mana, which is actually a redux of FFA, not the prequel.

Originally posted by aaron@Dec 14, 2003 @ 02:31 AM

the GBA is $69. the SP's are still $99.

also, i think the game you're talking about is sword of mana, which is actually a redux of FFA, not the prequel.

sp's were 69$ at target last i went, that was day before thanksgiving though so maybe it was for a sale only

they're still $99 at toys r us, but some guy came in who said he worked at gamestop and said theirs were $69 now. so i dunno. maybe lungs can tell us how much they are.

but regardless, mine is gold and kicks ass and fuck all y'all. woo!

Back