this is getting pathetic

Blaming games is retarded!

Only things they got to blame is themselves!

(Also, I hate it when someone else blame games the reason for why someone commit a crime)

They have been saying that for a while now. You just ignore them, theres not much else you can do.

I dunno. Games do make me wanna comit crimes. But that's just if I dont have enough money to buy it :p

Only silly people can act like that, games are not guilty, if it was not the games it could be the TV or anything else.

"Also, an Associated Press report today states that two teenage stepbrothers, ages 16 and 13, from Newport, Tennessee, told police they were imitating Grand Theft Auto when they fired a .22-caliber rifle up to 25 times at vehicles along Interstate 40 on June 25 of this year."

Hmm I think the bigger question is where did they get access to the gun? It's time to lock your gun and liquor cabinets, Mr. Manson.

My opinion on the matter is that a person who is already sick in the head will be attracted to a violent game as opposed to the game making the guy violent.

If games werent around the same person could get ideas from TV, Films or even books. I dont see calls for them to be banned.

Gun control is the answer. You just cant let people like this have access to firearms, especially young kids.

DAMN GUNS....lol.... hahahaah fuckin people, our society is all about taking the blame off the actual individuals responsible for the crime... and blaming, a group.. wtf??? sad. soo sad.

Originally posted by stack99@Sep 2, 2003 @ 05:03 PM

DAMN GUNS....lol.... hahahaah fuckin people, our society is all about taking the blame off the actual individuals responsible for the crime... and blaming, a group.. wtf??? sad. soo sad.

Yes but prevention is better then the cure. If they dont have a gun they cant go around shooting up the place.

they will just end up doing sumthing else if the didn't have a gun to do it w/......they just need more therapy/kid help programs. They need to fix these kids before they become adults....that's when they start doing the serious stuff.

yes prevention is neccessary but putting the responsibility on the right shoulders is important too, thats what I was getting at axe, guns are bad, but guns don't kill people, people kill people. seriously though, the issue of responsibilty is always overlooked, thats my issue.

Originally posted by BJammzz@Sep 2, 2003 @ 10:42 PM

they will just end up doing sumthing else if the didn't have a gun to do it w/......

Maybe so, but having a gun makes killing a lot of people a lot easier then with most weapons

they just need more therapy/kid help programs. They need to fix these kids before they become adults....that's when they start doing the serious stuff.

I agree, of course the problem there is in finding the kids that have problems before they do something stupid. Sometimes the first indication that something is wrong is when they commit the crime in the first place.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Sep 2, 2003 @ 11:28 AM

I wonder when the NRA will get blamed for one of these shooting deaths......

Mike Moore has a go at NRA in Bowling for Columbine though also brings the government into the big picture and suggests that they like shootings and stuff because then people go out and buy guns (ironically, for protection) and the country benifits from this, as it get's richer.

they are just using that as an excuse -- they are not imitating anything -- they want to do it - but when they get caught then they blame it on games - some one did it so they follow - just like when the insanity plea came around

gun prevention is not the answer - people have a right to protect them selves -- criminals WILL ALWAYS beable to get guns (even if civilian purchasing was totaly outlawed) -- most of them dont buy them from a store anyway -- taking old rights away from people is not the answer - it will make criminals stronger becasue people wont beable to defend themselves

Actually it's quite common for a gun in a criminals hand to be originaly from the home of some legal owner who got robbed and his guns were stolen. So if regular people can't have guns (or at least are restricted in what they can have), the criminals will have fewer sources for stolen guns.

I would suggest that that amount of innocent peoples lives saved from the ownership of guns for protection is far less then the number of innocent lives that have been taken by been shot from a gun originaly bought for protection.

yea but your talking about removeing our right to form a civilian millitia - incase a state wants to ceced (spelling error) or the public wants a revelution (if the public didnt have the right to bare arms there would have been a very short revolutionalry war

also our capability to defend against attackers -- man i want to be armed the next time a thing like rodney king happends and people are looting and killing each other

sure some are stolen from houses -- but im sure the ratio of stolen gun to guns found on criminals is huge

anyways there are machine shops who make guns for criminals and will continue to do so if they become ilegal -- do you think its hard to make a gun (its fucking simple with the right tools) -- removing that right will make things so much worse

there will be guns using different forms of propelent - there will be new inovation- weapons that may not kill right away but severly maim

and no im not a gun tooting fanatic - the only gun i own is a paintball gun a tippman model 98 (nothing fancy)

Back