• Rise from your gwave!

To Earliest Shenmue

Discussion in 'Saturn' started by SEGA DAVID, Feb 21, 2002.

1. SEGA DAVID

SEGA DAVID New Member

i didnt really know anything about shenmue until it came to DC now i am the biggest fan of shenmue saga

anyway i know that there was a early shenmue on saturn and i hear that it bombed bad does anyone have any articles about it on saturn or does anybody have the game for saturn or have played it on saturn?

2. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

It didn't bomb, it just plain never came out.

3. SEGA DAVID

SEGA DAVID New Member

o ok

cuz i read some reviews before and they said that shenmue was criticisized on saturn. so i guess they didnt want to realise it cuz of that

arg now im confused

4. mal

mal Member

Which reviews did you read?

5. SEGA DAVID

SEGA DAVID New Member

well i didnt read a direct review about it but i dont rmemeber but i read somehwere that the saturn version got critisizm.

how come the saturn version of shenmue was never realised?

6. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

I belive it was because the saturn died out before it was complete. The project was so big though that they decided to continue work on it for the DC instead of scrapping it.

7. SEGA DAVID

SEGA DAVID New Member

yeah that makes sense

but it toke em a really long time to complete shenmue 1 for DC. they kinda like had to start over

8. SegaSaturnDDR

SegaSaturnDDR New Member

shenmue 2 has video of shenmue for saturn once you beat it.

9. ShinJedah

ShinJedah New Member

Shenmue is a concept of 7 years....it would be some thrown out money if it would't come out...

10. Daniel Eriksson

Daniel Eriksson New Member

Well, if you want to see what Saturn Shenmue looks like without having to beat the whole second game, i reccomend that you download the movie from it that is on this page´s movie section. I have seen it, and it really looks wonderful! I wish this game had come out :( Also, i have some pictures from it on my page.

11. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

hey, shenmue wasn't even gonna be called shenmue on the saturn. It was going to be a game called project barkley with some 13 year old kid as the main charecter, still avenging his fathers death, but the "magic mirror" gives him special powers. I'm guessing the magic mirror was the pheonix mirror.

12. Captian Crazy

Captian Crazy New Member

I have a Movie Demo disk of Project Berkely, I got it with my Virtua Fighter 3TB import.

13. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

yeah i downloaded that demo and found some commentary on it with the guy who was going to direct it. it was yu though.

14. eatpenguin

eatpenguin New Member

well that was the project's name, not necessarily the title of the game

15. 3rdman

3rdman New Member

It was first mentioned as "Virtua Fighter RPG"

Later "Project Berkley" before finally being given the title "Shenmue."...I wonder what the "Berkley" stands for?

16. crystalmethod

crystalmethod New Member

I heard that the "Saturn Shenmue" was just something that the people threw together once they completed the DC version! Anyone else hear about this?

17. SEGA DAVID

SEGA DAVID New Member

nah thats not true

and i have beat sehnmue 2 but damnit i didnt wait thru all the credits so i didnt save my clear file and i didnt get the footage.

now im replaying shenmue 2 (on disc 3) when i beat it i will see it all

18. Gallstaff

Gallstaff Member

i don't think i'm taking time to "smell the roses" in shenmue.. it's march and i'm on disk 3..

19. SEGA DAVID

SEGA DAVID New Member

well, you better HURRY THE #### UP!!!! or its gona be the dreadful "bad ending" for you......................

20. Fabrizo

Fabrizo New Member

How much time do you need to beat the game in to get the "good" ending?