To quote cloud121: *fap fap fap fap*

Good god I hope they don't screw this up:

There is great potential for a variation of what I did with 'The Neverending Story,' which was about a little boy saving the world.

Variation, indeed. I really hope that he was speaking in the context of directing young actors (as OSC is quoted as mentioning in connection with TNS later in the article), and not in terms of trying to appeal to kids. TNS has its darker elements, but Ender's Game is downright twisted in some ways.

Originally posted by ExCyber@May 22 2002,13:52

Good god I hope they don't screw this up:

There is great potential for a variation of what I did with 'The Neverending Story,' which was about a little boy saving the world.

Variation, indeed. I really hope that he was speaking in the context of directing young actors (as OSC is quoted as mentioning in connection with TNS later in the article), and not in terms of trying to appeal to kids. TNS has its darker elements, but Ender's Game is downright twisted in some ways.

Well, originally Card said he'd never make the book into a movie because Ender was written to be a near replica of his child, and since his child is older now, there was to be no movie. I remeber back several years ago he was writing a screenplay for Ender's Game, and had it released to the public, but too many people were complaining about various aspects of it so he eventually closed it off. I really hope something materializes out of this, and hopefully they'll make a movie of the rest of the series too.

Well, maybe not the whole series. None of the other books matched the action and intensity of Ender's Game. I liked it so much I read it three times.

Speaker For The Dead was so introspective, maybe too much so to really translate well on film. Ender's Shadow was, through a large section of the book, just a retelling of Ender's Game from a different perspective, Bean's.

But I do hope that Ender's Game gets made and is as faithful as possible to the book and not ruined on film like what happened to Battlefield Earth.

Another good series to put on film would be the Stainless Steel Rat series.

Originally posted by falstaff@May 22 2002,14:55

Well, maybe not the whole series. None of the other books matched the action and intensity of Ender's Game. I liked it so much I read it three times.

Speaker For The Dead was so introspective, maybe too much so to really translate well on film. Ender's Shadow was, through a large section of the book, just a retelling of Ender's Game from a different perspective, Bean's.

But I do hope that Ender's Game gets made and is as faithful as possible to the book and not ruined on film like what happened to Battlefield Earth.

Another good series to put on film would be the Stainless Steel Rat series.

From the article, I think they they are going to parallel both books (ender's game and enders shadow). I still want the other books done ;P

Back