Tomb Raider

The latter, definately.  Ropy controls/camera angles, highly derivative and repetitve (and annoying) gameplay and an endless array of pointless sequals.  It's not even a Sega game - it game out on PS before anything else...

Hell - I'm starting to sound like JohnD
smile.gif

I have to agree with Curtis
smile.gif
Damn is the control horrible!!!Its amazing that the developers of the game didnt realize this and add options to change them.
sarcasm.gif
I could never get into games like this, and Resident Evil, cause of the lousy controls...I have just one message to the developers of these types of games, with lousy controls.
1finger.gif

Horrible, unresponsive control, shoddy animation, frustrating gameplay, nasty game.

I doubt I'm alone in thinking that this only did so well because of the legions of teenage boys fascinated by Lara's poorly-rendered tits.

And as for the sequels... Hey, first game of the day I've not liked!

Originally posted by Curtis@Aug. 19 2002, 3:33 pm

It's not even a Sega game - it game out on PS before anything else...

I thought it came out on Saturn first (ironic considering it's synonimous with Playstation)..

I thought it was alright at the time to be honest, probably wouldn't if I played it now. Any good points it might have had have been drowned out by the crap that's followed it.

well i loved it.decent graphics,and the controls were a bit crap but i got used to em.it was the endless sequels that i hated,simply becouse it was just the same game,over and over,and over,and............

Sorry Mowgli...I like you and all, but the game is poop on a stick.

It wouldn't be so bad if the control wern't such utter crap, and lord knows now that Lara has been done to death the "originality" of the title is long since gone, but more than this I have always found the TR games truly boring.

Oh and Lupas....nice avatar.
tongue.gif

I dunno, I think Mowgli has picked a better game to be GOTD than most of the others (not a better game, a better choice). Making Sonic game of the day on a Sega board's not gonna get that much of a reaction.. Or picking one's that are undeniable classics. At least we get some sort of discussion this way.

I didn't think this was the best version of this game either. I actually found it boring, compared to some of the other versions. I have it in my collection, but haven't played it since right after I bought it. Two thumbs down.

Myname: Thank you for realising that I picked this game, not because it's good, but because it's something different. Just about every game of the day so far could be recognised as an "all time classic" to many gamers... time for something that at least gets the negative juices flowing.

Rev: No hard feelings
smile.gif
Picking a "poop" game was the point... see above.

I personally don't really like Tomb Raider, but my wife loves them (I kid you not) and owns several incarnations...

I don't care what anyone says. Tomb Raider rocks! If you had problems with the controls, you fucking suck, don't blame the game! I've gotten through 5 TR games and not had one 'cheap' death that could be blamed on the controls. And the concept is perfect. Indiana Jones minus the old sweaty guy, and add a hot chick. You can't hate on Lara, you see how many 'nude' sites popped up instantly? Lara and TR rock, and it's a great pick.

Originally posted by EThugg@Aug. 19 2002, 11:06 am

I don't care what anyone says. Tomb Raider rocks! If you had problems with the controls, you fucking suck, don't blame the game! I've gotten through 5 TR games and not had one 'cheap' death that could be blamed on the controls. And the concept is perfect. Indiana Jones minus the old sweaty guy, and add a hot chick. You can't hate on Lara, you see how many 'nude' sites popped up instantly? Lara and TR rock, and it's a great pick.

no, more like the developers, fucking suck
sarcasm.gif
not one cheap death, yeah buddy, you're full of it
tongue.gif
The fact that youd mention that, proves you're aware of the controls flaws, and have suffered as a result of them
laugh.gif

Hmm, i think this game is ok, but its nothing special. The controls suck, as mentioned above. But i like the style of the levels , even if they are all to pixely sometimes. I can´t understand how this could become the third-party-game of the year when it came. And for the sequels, i don´t like any of them. They are almost the same as the first game.

Originally posted by cww80@Aug. 19 2002, 1:48 pm

no, more like the developers, fucking suck
sarcasm.gif
not one cheap death, yeah buddy, you're full of it
tongue.gif
The fact that youd mention that, proves you're aware of the controls flaws, and have suffered as a result of them
laugh.gif

I have no reason to lie, and I mentioned it only because people in this thread whined like little bitches about the controls. The controls were fine, you (meaning the whiners) just suck.

No we don't, we just have standards. I'd quit with the attitude or I doubt your SX life will be too long.

Myname: I was fairly sure I read somewhere that TR was first developed on PS and remained an "exclusive' for about a year before it was ported to anything else. Could be wrong.

EThugg: We don't need another troll around here telling people "they suck". Can the shitty attitude.

Originally posted by Curtis@Aug. 20 2002, 3:53 am

Myname: I was fairly sure I read somewhere that TR was first developed on PS and remained an "exclusive' for about a year before it was ported to anything else. Could be wrong.

Guess who was bored enough to find out?

Saturn: November 1996

Playstation: March 1997

Myname wins! Super Google search combo finish!

I play too much Street Fighter.

Oh no! I tell it like it is to some retards who suck at a game, and I might get banned! Whatever will I do when I'm exiled from this board of Sega 'loving' pirates?? Boo hoo! My words stand, regardless of if I get banned or not.

Back