Top Import games....

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member
Obviously Ikaruga and Shenmue II. Any others? I think I remember hearing about sum fighting games and such. And also plz tell if u can get them in the US or EUR. Thanks a lot guys. just got sum $$ and wanna spend it all on DC. Laterz.

Ikaruga is surely a must have, but almost sold out I think. I hope I get my copy I pre-ordered. As I live in Europe Shenmue II isn't an Import for me but I played it and it was fun until the end (bring part 3, dammit :
wink.gif
: ) Especially if you want to follow the storyline. The game I want to import next is Fatal Fury - Mark of the Wolves (Garou - MotW in Japan), and also King of Fighters 2001 (jp.) seems to be a must when it will be released in December.

cu

keks

know what's odd about the KOF series? usually it's always a hear in head (ex.) 2003 is released in 2002. It's like that for most games, but why is it that KOF is always one year behind?

Just the language in the Intro and Cutscenes. SO if you want to understand the "story" buy FF, if you want the original neo-geo thing buy Garou.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Sep. 05 2002, 8:56 pm

know what's odd about the KOF series? usually it's always a hear in head (ex.) 2003 is released in 2002. It's like that for most games, but why is it that KOF is always one year behind?

It's not. The console ports are. The actual Neo-Geo originals all come out in the year of their itle in September or October. KOF 2002 will be out quite shortly. It's finishing up beta testing right now.

BTW, I'd suggest playing KOF 2001 on an emulator first. It's overally a rather shitty game. I have a lot of hope for 2002 though since they removed strikers. That takes out half the broken combos and infinites that had been introduced in 2000 right there. Hope they did a good job on the music and gameplay.

The new art is by the same guy who did 2001 and I think some of it is MUCH improved since then.

Ikaruga? Naw, thats not really a "must" import. Its a good game, but not something you need to rush out and get. I'v had my HK Disk for a while and it gets kinda boring. Definatly not worth paying $60 US.

Rez

Zero Gunner 2

Headhunter

Capcom vs SNK 2

Super Street Fighter 2X

Super Puzzle Fighter 2X

Vampire Chronicles

Guilty Gear X

DDR 2nd Mix

DDR Club Mix

Lots of import goodness

rez is (pardon my laungauge) THE BEST FUCKING GAME EVER! (except metroid and wipeout and a few others)

it's kinda like space harrier (or more apropriately panzer dragoon) on acid with decent (and on a few stages INCREDIBLE) electronic music. any description will fall short however, check some reviews or promos or something to see if you're interested in it first. personally i wasn't so throughly

enamored with a game in a long time before i first played rez. i think i logged something like 60+ hours playing it before i put it on the shelf (and this is a game that takes 2 hours to play all the way through)

zero gunner's a really neat schump , i haven't played ikagurga yet so for the time being i'll say it's the best on the d.c. 'cause the grafficks are nice and i like the controls. it's also not quite as screen filling as the capcom schumps and therefore more playable for old people with poor reflexes like myself. that having been said i wouldn't consider it worth buying, actually neither is cosmic smash or puyo puyo. just hook yourself up with rez

Originally posted by racketboy@Sep. 08 2002, 12:09 am

Rez

Zero Gunner 2

Headhunter

Capcom vs SNK 2

Super Street Fighter 2X

Super Puzzle Fighter 2X

Vampire Chronicles

Guilty Gear X

DDR 2nd Mix

DDR Club Mix

Lots of import goodness

i was gonna suggest puzzle fighter also, but its lingevity really is a matter of having friends who like it also.

Back