Transformers soundtrack

Anybody else see the soundtrack list for the new Transformers movie? Doesn't that just make you want to hang yourself?

I haven't seen the movie yet. But from the previews... somehow making the transformers transform by "exploding" into a billion metal shards and then melt back together into a robot (a la Returners), rather than actually performing a toy-accurate transformation (like the original cartons), and megatron is a giant metal comet instead of a, well, anything else.

It looks like, and from the reviews, sounds like another big-budget low-brow throw-away loud action movie of the summer, like T3, batman begins, and, well, any other sequal/prequel/remake of the day.

Sorry for sounding down. There was a time when I hoped they would actually put the Touch music video on the 20th anniversary DVD release. There was a time when I hoped they would actually use Vince DiCola and Stan Bush for the new movie soundtracks. Apparently, what I think is best for the world is not what rich media executives thing is important for their pockets.

I saw the movie last night and enjoyed it. Yes it wasnt true to the 80's cartoon or movie but its ment for all audiences ie ppl new to transformers and fans. Oh wait there are two sequels in the works. I am a huge fan of transformers. I own the 86 movie and collectiors edition first season of g1. And have the rest of the series. So I am not a die hard fan but I grew up on transformers and still love them to this day. I even own a G2 VHS.

At the end of the movie there was applause and cheering. Only about 10 people including myself stayed till the end of the credits. It rocked so much, it rocked a girls panties off. Yes true story. It was funny, some people even stopped and took a picture of them.

The 2007 movie is totally different from the G1 cartoon kinda like how beast wars was different from the G1. Not a good comparison but still they are different. All we can do is live with it.

I *AM* a G1 fanatic. I've bought the entire series on DVD, as well as all of Kid Rhino's VHS releases as they came out, plus as many of the old FHE videos as I've been able to get my hands on. I own five different copies of the Movie. (US video, Canadian video, US release of the Canadian edit from Kid Rhino, Kid Rhino DVD release, and now the 20th Anniversary edition which was the only thing I wanted for Christmas last year.) I have every US TF comic (except for some of the non-G1 Dreamwave crap). I have all the Titan Books collections of the UK series, both full-sized and pocket-sized. I own the soundtrack on both CD and vinyl. I can quote every line of the G1 movie. I'm the crazy guy who wrote the angry letter-to-the-editor when the local paper printed a photo of an Ultra Magnus figure with the caption "1980's Optimus Prime" in an article about one of the designers of the new toys being from the area.

I saw the movie last night.

I enjoyed it. I enjoyed it a lot.

I enjoyed the music, and will be buying the soundtrack tomorrow.

Yes, there were things I can complain about and nit-pick. Jazz's voice was wrong, as well as some of his dialogue (it would have better suited Blaster, if he was in the movie). Megatron, while the spacey jet design worked okay, needs his arm blaster. That's the signature that makes the design Megatron, the arm cannon. Starscream's robot-mode design was outright INSULTING to G1 fans. There was a glaring error, when the Sector 7 guy is telling everyone how they moved the frozen Megatron in 1934, contradicting the movie-tie-in novel "Ghosts of Yesterday" in which Megatron is moved out of the artic in the 1960's.

Overall, it is an enjoyable movie. It accurately captures the spirit of the 1980's cartoons, while recognizing the absurdity of it all and having fun with that. Buy the large popcorn and soda on your way in, as this qualifies as a top-notch popcorn movie all the way through. Yes, it is set up for sequels, and yes, the studios have already ordered a screenplay for a part two. This movie earns a 95%. The sequel will give them the opportunity to adjust and correct fan complaints to earn the full 100%.

I just saw the movie. Thought it was pretty good. But there were a few things I thought could've been done a lot better.

For example they screwed the beginning up. They should've opened with the helecopter scene and then gone to the intro and credits. The scene at the dam where the cube was hidden the Autobots didn't actually do anything. They drove down there, did a u-turn, and then drove back out. What was the point of that? They should've more involed in that scene. And what happened to the Australian character and that black guy. They sort of dissapeared towards the end. Don't you think they would've followed the action seeing as they had so much interest in the Transformers?

I thought the music was good. Would've prefered some of it to be more ambient electronic music though. Would've suited the movie better.

Back