Lunar SSS English Patch

Translating Lunar Silver Star Story 1.5.1

@mercurius_59 have you updated your fenrir firmware? A while ago ced fixed an issue with us using cd space that crossed the security ring boundary
I'll give that a try, thanks. As for the bromides, it's a hard fail 100% of the time -- perfectly consistent, I don't remember exactly where it breaks on me, but it's the exact same point every time and I never see any portion of the cutscene. Once I get a chance to update the firmware, I'll try the bromides again too.

@mercurius_59 have you updated your fenrir firmware? A while ago ced fixed an issue with us using cd space that crossed the security ring boundary
So, I tried the duo firmware by mistake at first, and naturally it didn't work. But then I realized I was supposed to use the 21 pin firmware for my 21 pin fenrir, and unfortunately when I tried that (put the update file in the sd card root, re-inserted the sd card and turned it on) and it looks like that didn't work either. Everything is basically the same as before; bromides still black-screen, same Kyle dialogue loop during the cutscene

Any chance you could post a save file? I can try and see what my fenrir does when i have some free time, its a duo but i would think they should operate the same

Last edited:
Sure! I actually have no idea what I'm doing with Saturn save files (is there a guide you or anyone would recommend?), but this is the backup Fenrir gave me.

Also, I think I have another unrelated problem: my 21-pin Fenrir from Castlemania appears to think it's a DUO, which could be complicating my firmware updates. I'm not the only one who's had this issue it looks like, so hopefully Castlemania support gets back to me with some kind of fix.

Attachments

• bram_20230603_132601.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 93
  • PXL_20230603_202748852.jpg
    PXL_20230603_202748852.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 88
So, uh, funny story -- someone in a Discord I'm in showed me how to set up Pseudo Saturn Kai to backup the save itself from the Saturn's internal memory.

Except when I got into the PS Kai menu, I followed the wrong menu and ended up loading the game itself via PS Kai's launcher. I decided to try passing the cinematic again, and surprisingly, it worked! I have no idea how or why it works in the different launcher, but I'm past the cinematic and playing through the endgame now.

edit: forgot to mention bromides work also

Last edited:
Sure! I actually have no idea what I'm doing with Saturn save files (is there a guide you or anyone would recommend?), but this is the backup Fenrir gave me.

Also, I think I have another unrelated problem: my 21-pin Fenrir from Castlemania appears to think it's a DUO, which could be complicating my firmware updates. I'm not the only one who's had this issue it looks like, so hopefully Castlemania support gets back to me with some kind of fix.
For the castlemania thing, it's because they used a different chip then they were supposed to so they have a custom "castlemania-only" firmware. If you go to the Fenrir discord, in the #beta-firmware channel, you can get an updated firmware for it. It'll be the one with "castlemania" in the filename.

I'm not sure why the beta updates haven't been made official yet, they do contain fixes for various things and work quite well. It tends to be one of the first troubleshooting steps that get recommended there.

Like with Jess' Bromide 2 after getting Xenobia's Bromide talking to the NPC crashes the game too.

A copy of the save.

Here is the save at the start of the Epilogue.

I was able to get all 13 Bromides like with the Playstation version. I heard there was 1 less in this version, but its all here. Rememberizer and all.

Finally got around to fixing the bromide NPC issue and updated to version 0.75 The WD script added a link that did not exist in the original game. After obtaining the bromide, talking to the NPC is supposed to follow a link to a command #5 (end of script). In both cases, the link wasnt there, so the game script just jumped to a random location and crashed.

(Also fixed the reported rememberizer Altena typos and Video#32 having JP audio "Ares").

Finally got around to fixing the bromide NPC issue and updated to version 0.75 The WD script added a link that did not exist in the original game. After obtaining the bromide, talking to the NPC is supposed to follow a link to a command #5 (end of script). In both cases, the link wasnt there, so the game script just jumped to a random location and crashed.

(Also fixed the reported rememberizer Altena typos and Video#32 having JP audio "Ares").
Thank you for continuing development of this translation.

Sorry it's been a while, I actually ran into a problem in the endgame completely unrelated to the patch -- I wasn't leveled enough for Ghaleon and ran out of Starlights/etc by the end of the final dungeon, so I put down the game for a while. I eventually decided to do some grinding around the Althena statue until I could just overpower him.

Anyway, I finally beat the game a while ago, and everything went perfectly through the end credits. Thanks again Mr Conan for all your work on this!

Back