Trouble buring a BIN with the correct region

Hey all, I've got a Shining Force III bin/cue, but it has an odd problem.

Eventhough it's the US version of the game, when I tried to play it with an emulator, I had to set the region to Japan to get it to run.

When I burn the game, and try to play it on my Saturn, it gives the "Game unsuitable for this system" error.

I found out that for some reason, this bin is identifying as a Japanese region disc eventhough it's the US version of the game. I've tried using one of the header editing programs to change the region back to US/Canada and when I do so on the bin, and try to play it on an emulator, it plays correctly with the region set to US/Canada...

However, when I burn it, the disc still identifies as a Japanese region disk eventhough I changed it in the bin. I've tried using both SatHeader and satcconv.

I'm using CDRwin to burn. The BIN file is 235MB. I got it running on an emulator just fine so I know for sure that it's the US version, but I'd much prefer to play it on my Saturn.

Any suggestions? I'm at a loss here.

If the image is any format other than mode1/2048 you need to regenerate the error correction data after modifying it.

IIRC you can do that with CDMage or ISOBuster. If that fails, you can use either of those to convert the image to mode1/2048 and then change the region. You can do that without any ill effects - the first data track of Saturn games is always mode1/2048.

Back