Troubles with 1Mb/4Mb RAM Cart.

Hi folks, first, intruduce my self, I´m a Game Collecton from Brazil, a have many consoles, include a Sega Saturn, one of my favors.

So, I have a wierd problem with my Saturn run games with RAM cartridge, I have a third party cartridge, this cart. run Samurai Showdown 3 and 4, KOF96, Real Bout 1 and Special, Marvel vs Street , Xmen vs Street, D&D SoM , Vampire Savior, so, all games without grafics and gliter problems, just 2 games doesn´t run, KOF97 and SFZ3, SFZ3 screen RAM error just, KOF97 load 60% and screen RAM error too...

anybody have this problem too??? see, I clean my Cartridge slot very hard, the other games run on first time, on any position I put the cartridge, without the comum problems of position of the other Saturns....

thanks and sorry for bad english, I try XD

Pek.

Originally posted by mal@Wed, 2006-02-01 @ 08:07 PM

Are these originals or CDR copies of games that you are trying to play?

[post=144009]Quoted post[/post]​

CDr, this games one time ago, run on the other Saturn, no on this specific RAM cartridge, on other, but run. And this copies run very silent on my Saturn, don´t have any scratchs...

Something similar happened to me; I think the cart just had some faulty RAM that some games didn't really use (I doubt that these games have very efficient memory management so there are probably gaps in usage).

Originally posted by ExCyber@Wed, 2006-02-01 @ 09:20 PM

Something similar happened to me; I think the cart just had some faulty RAM that some games didn't really use (I doubt that these games have very efficient memory management so there are probably gaps in usage).

[post=144016]Quoted post[/post]​

hum, possible is this, I need test this cartridge on other Saturn... thanks ;)

Pek.

Weird stuff happens when you don't use an official ram cart with the right game. I remember one time i used capcoms 4mb ram cart that came with xmen vs sF on KOF 97 (might have been 96, don;t remember). The game would hang for a little after the loading screen was filled, and i remember the splash from attacks was distorted a little.

Also it could be the ram cart itself. My 4mb ram cart is a little fried, cause I use to do a swap trick on a U.S. saturn to play xmen vs SF, before i got my white saturn.

Anyway since my cart is messed up, I have to insert it at the correct depth. Too high or too low, and the game won't load correctly. :/

Originally posted by teknodude@Fri, 2006-02-03 @ 03:43 AM

Weird stuff happens when you don't use an official ram cart with the right game. I remember one time i used capcoms 4mb ram cart that came with xmen vs sF on KOF 97 (might have been 96, don;t remember). The game would hang for a little after the loading screen was filled, and i remember the splash from attacks was distorted a little.

Also it could be the ram cart itself. My 4mb ram cart is a little fried, cause I use to do a swap trick on a U.S. saturn to play xmen vs SF, before i got my white saturn.

Anyway since my cart is messed up, I have to insert it at the correct depth. Too high or too low, and the game won't load correctly. :/

[post=144069]Quoted post[/post]​

yeap, but I use this cart with XvcS and KOF96 and run this games very well, and any others, just don´t run KOF97 and SFZ3.

look, I Have a SNES Cartridge Clean KIT, and I clean the Cartridge slot of Saturn with him, and the result is great, I just put the cartridge on slot and run the games, without adjusts...

Back