Turbo Duo?

wow, you were thinking of the same exact page as I was....I go to MAS Systems for Different things at times, Thao Mas is cool as hell.....Just tough to get ahold of on emails...

I would like to simply turn my USA DUO into A Japanese DUO (HuCard slot anyways) I just need to know what damned lines to swap, I know how he wants us to cut pins 15,16,17,19,20,21,22,and 23, but where do we lead the new pins to when we swap ie...like a wire would lead from pin 15 and go to the pin 23 on the mainboard or what? Would you see if Im correct below?

15~23

16~22

17~21

18-Dont cut

19~20

20~19

21~17

22~16

23~15

It looks as if this is all you need to cut and rewire from looking at the converter when taken apart! Am I correct?

Sorry about the delay, iB's new post indication is crap...

15~23

16~22

17~21

18-Dont cut

19~20

20~19

21~17

22~16

23~15

That appears to be correct. If you really want a "Japanese" system you need to alter one other connection (note that this page is describing the reverse; you'd want to pull the pin to +5v), but in practice it's not likely to matter, since all Japanese games supposedly ignore the state of this bit, and doing it would make it impossible to use US games with the adapter.

Awesome thanks! I just want to make it to where I can just throw the Arcade Card in the DUO and have it play Sapphire, Strider...etc...without the converter, but I would like to use the converter later to play US HuCard games.
smile.gif
So I guess this extra step is not nessacerry.

Just clipped the wires in the system and rewired it the way I posted above and now Sapphire works perfectly without the need of the converter....I just pop the Arcade Card DUO in my USA DUO and it works.
smile.gif
Simple 8 wire swap, if I had known this years ago, I would have done it instead of searching for eons for a converter that worked perfectly...

Back