Tutorials!

An excellent text editor designed for use in *NIX systems, whin even no arrow keys =)

Maybe you wouldn't lie to know th edetails, and may seem awkward, but believe me.. once you use it over your 5 year peroid in college, you love it =)

I used VI. Once. Then I found out that they had jed installed :p. It's a somewhat humurous combination between a typewriter and a text editor ^^;

I laugh at your petty text editors! With Emacs I can edit text files, surf the web, read email and newsgroups, and perform complex chemical reaction simulations, all through the power of emacs-lisp! Fear me, frail mort

segmentation fault: core dumped

With Emacs you can also eat all of your physical RAM! ph34r!! :)

SkankinMo: Agreed, I love simplicity. Except notepad can't handle *nix or Mac text files... which sux

Actually, my editor of choice under Windows/DOS is EDIT, and I typically use joe (#### if I know why; too lazy to try to learn a "real" text editor I guess) when in Linux. I only usually use Notepad for quickly editing small bits of text copied from websites (for pasting to IRC or printing). It's seriously hurt by the fact that it's got some rather small limit on the size of files that it will open; EDIT has a limit too, but it will usually at least load as much of the file as it can, and I've only ever run into it with really big files.

when in Linux/Unix (usually via ssh or in the worst case by telnet) I use vi....

Locally in DOS I use vi or edit

And in Winbugs I use UltraEdit (or notepad in a bad situation =P)

Quote: from ExCyber on 1:56 pm on Sep. 2, 2001

I only usually use Notepad for quickly editing small bits of text copied from websites (for pasting to IRC or printing). It's seriously hurt by the fact that it's got some rather small limit on the size of files that it will open;
Yeah, I've noticed that too when using Notepad under Win 95/98 (and maybe Me too), but not under Win NT4/2000.

*WAI* recognition, yeah :p

Thank you very mutch, and just to let you know the next tutorial might take a while to get out (since I have Stardust and exams to do :p)

As for editors, you know my choice, EditPad and Jed. If I _really_ need sintax highliting, I just open VisualStudio.

NotePad for NT opens files as large as the physical (and swap, i think) of C, otherwise it's limited to 64k or 32kb, i can't recall. That's due to the fact that the Notepad from W95 is exacly the same as the 3.11 Version (compiled under the new libraries).

TakaIsSilly I've written a small program that detects keypresses from a saturn control pad, and displays on the screen what button user has pressed.

It's a very basic program, but I could give it to you, so that you could put it in the next tutorials, only if u really need this very EASY program!!

Back