UK sanyo saturn mod chip problem

Hi I have a PAL saturn with a sanyo CD drive. I have installed the chip according to the instructions http://www.mikeg2.freeserve.co.uk/satmod/

I have cut the bracket and replaced it, complete with unchanged PC trap board. I have moved the right hand ribbon cable into the chip, and the chip into the motherboard. I have tried with both the 0014 and 0019 settings and both pins 2 and 3 (from the back of the saturn) and have connected A-B with solder. The chip is snug and the soldering is all good, but I get the saturn booting to the CD player, and instead of start application I get set CD+G channel.

The saturn must know it is a saturn disk as it will not allow me to play track 1.

This happens for both copies and genuine games.

Does it work if the trap board is removed? I thought I read somewhere they had removed the trap board. Try a search on the forums.

LE

This did not work. also, I lost the grey cable to the trap board solder point to the motherboard and now my saturn won't even run without the modchip. please can you tell me where it goes?

P.S. when I ran my saturn without the trap board it made horrible noises.

:(

I just had a thought; Is it possible to connect the trap board to one of the pins on the left hand side? I do not want to just guess which one in case I burn out the board, but I think it must be a power cable.

Back