Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

SkankinMonkey

Established Member
Fun game, I just got one of the first batch of carts that were buggy and Williams wouldnt replace it
sad.gif

Not a bad game. I love playin' it with my friends. Played only the Genesis version really. I have the Saturn copy but the load time sorta sucks the fun out of it.

Skankin, how can you tell if you have a buggy cart? It's been a while since I've played it, but IIRC there were times it seemed to screw up during play. Hell, I think it might have even froze on me a time or two.

IMHO the game's a hell lotta fun. Ok, I admit it, I'm a sucker for the series ever since part one on the Genesis. However I prefer the 16 Bit versions, because of the loading time and the fact that MK should have stayed a pure 2D Beat'em'up. So, there are only three razor blades in the clock tower pit. Who cares?
happy.gif

I would always remember when I waited for the next mortal kombat to come out in the arcades. I would be in the arcades the first week they came out. then I couldnt wait for the console versions to come out. Ultimate mk3 just added more stuff to MK3. the scorpian level they added was cool. I cant wait for MK5 on XBOX! and GBA. even though alot of people hate the series, everyone is a sucker for mortal kombat. I know I am. I think im going to play MK3 for genesis right now! woot woot!

Skank, I agree it was a fun game, but I still believe MKII is and will always be the best game in the series... mmm... I haven't played it in forever...

MK2 was too hard imo, while MK3 was reduced in challenge a little bit where you didnt have to spend your life to beat it.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Oct. 06 2002, 11:54 am

MK2 was too hard imo, while MK3 was reduced in challenge a little bit where you didnt have to spend your life to beat it.

Yeah... but I enjoy a challenge, plus it was more fun to play against other people

I hate this game, simply cause of how hard it is sometimes to beat montaro! and then how easy it is to beat shao kahn!?! i dont understand this, does anyone agree that montaro is harder to beat than shao kahn?

anyway, interesting fact about this game, i have a copy fo the saturn that i stood on and it cracked the whole way through from the inside to the outside, yet it still plays fine!

...believe it or not....

Originally posted by Berty@Oct. 07 2002, 12:55 am

I hate this game, simply cause of how hard it is sometimes to beat montaro! and then how easy it is to beat shao kahn!?! i dont understand this, does anyone agree that montaro is harder to beat than shao kahn?

anyway, interesting fact about this game, i have a copy fo the saturn that i stood on and it cracked the whole way through from the inside to the outside, yet it still plays fine!

...believe it or not....

yes. i agree.

I used to play this game so much with one of my friends in grade school. We played it at his house on his SNES for a long time before I got it for my genny. By that time I was bored of it. It WAS extremely fun.

I remember I used to rip on all my friends who loved MK telling them how much Street Fighter is.

Of course, they were just in it for the fatalities.

Yeah, fatalities definately added some extra bells and whistles to the mk series over street fighter, but when street fighter alpha 2 came out, I liked it much more than mku3.

Back