Upcoming new VC options

schi0249

Mid Boss
With the addition on Turbo CD/SCD and Neo-Geo, I am getting even more excited with VC. I really wish they would either add USB hdd support or make an update that allows VC games to be run from the SD slot. The games are protected as is, so what is the big deal? Rant aside, I wish N would add the following.

1. Gameboy/GBC - with the Wii, we lost the ability to use the gameboy player. And old school GB games are not compatible on the DS
2. SMS - they already have genny support. And nes games are popular on it
3. SCD - if they can add Tubo CD/SCD why not SCD? I know there aren't that many great games. But what about Lunar and SF?
4. DS demos - in the very beginning they mentioned this possibility. Its not like the sell demo discs.
5. Original content - I would love to see developers make new content and distribute it through VC. Kind of like the Live Arcade games.

What does everyone else think?

I can't wait to get a Wii but the downloadable stuff will be a problem as I don't have an internet connection at home. I hope Nintendo also release arcade games for the VC, that would be awesome ;D.

the sms and the scd could be a good choice. They could also introduce some well known arcade boards.

vbt said:
the sms and the scd could be a good choice. They could also introduce some well known arcade boards.

Now that I think about it even games like Cruisn' USA (the arcade game) would be ported because the Wiimote can be used like a steering wheel; and that includes other games that use a special controller like boxing games or shooters (like the House of the Dead games).

Kuta said:
I would think SCD games would be too big for VC.

Why? They are doing Neo Geo and Turbo CD. Neither of those are small. MS Live Arcade saw the release of Castlevania SotN. Granted, the 360 has more storage space. But that is why I said they should add either USB HDD compatability or actually use the SD slot on the system.

Well condidering a CD can hold up to about 600MB wouldn't that be a bit impracticle? How much storage does a Wii have?

http://wii.ign.com/articles/820/820142p1.html

Yes, the internal memory is impractical. That is why most assume they are adding either USB HDD support or activating the SD slot. Turbo CD support has been confirmed. And though I've never compared the two, there can't be much size difference between Turbo CD and SCD.

http://ds.ign.com/articles/826/826198p1.html

The DS demo download feature has been confirmed and should be coming this year. They announced a Japanese release next month, so I would think US and Europe should be shortly after that.

Back