Vampire Savior Question

Hi,

I picked up a copy of Vampire Savior from ebay and dropped it in my Saturn thinking that the Action Replay 4M Plus would work with it. Unfortunately this isn't the case. After navigating through Action Replay menus, the game just doesn't load. Now my copy of X-Men vs. Street Fighter and Metal Slug loads just fine, but not Vampire Savior. I searched around the site and found that I may need to modify the Action Replay cart, but when I opened it, the modification had already been done (i.e. there is a small red wire that has been soldered on to two points). I bought the cartridge new from Jandaman. Here is what it looks like:

actionreplayplus.jpg

My copy of Vampire Savior is not a CD-R copy; it is the original Japanese version. I am using a modded version 2 Saturn. It is modded with the modchip from racketboy. Should I try to create a CD-R version to see if that works? Would it be better to pick up a different ram cart? I suppose it could be a bad cd, but I don't think so.

Anyhow, any suggestion would be great.

Thanks

Well, I seem to have fixed the problem...at least temporarily. I used CDRWin to create BIN/CUE files. Next, I used a region patcher to change the region for Japan to United States. Finally, I used NERO to burn those files to a CD-R. Now, during this whole process I encountered no errors of any kind (no error creating the BIN/CUE and no errors during the burn process). The original disk does have a few small scratches, but nothing noteworthy. I am going to try and clean the original disk with on of those CD buffers later today. Maybe that will fix the problem for good.

By the way, this is a very informative site. I mostly just lurk around and search for questions that have arisen, but this one really had me stuck.

Thanks!

Back