VGA-Box

Recently I've been thinking about getting me a VGA-box, seems to be a jungle out there. And I pretty much heard some bad things about all of which I've checked out. My main reason is that my TV can't handle the resolutions of either the Saturn Hi-res or just about any DC game (the screen flickers). So it's not at all unplayable but I'd rather have it go away. And I also like the idea of making a corner in my livingroom just for gaming... ehh, and I already got a monitor to spare. :)

I just don't want to end up with a pic worse than on my TV (using RGB or S-Video). I'm hoping some of you are using a VGA-box for your videogaming and could give me some info on this one.

Well as your picture won't be flickering anymore it will probably look better.

Aren't there only a limited amount of DC games that support VGA boxes?

Originally posted by lordofduct@Wed, 2006-01-18 @ 10:27 PM

Well as your picture won't be flickering anymore it will probably look better.

Aren't there only a limited amount of DC games that support VGA boxes?

[post=143560]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, but I've been hearing about colorbleeding, gammaproblems etc etc...

It has to support it? S-Video will go in to this box and out a VGA-cable... and that won't work with all games? I can't even grasp what happens to the signal inside the mystery box, but I really had hoped not to limit the ammount of games I could play. :(

Hopefully I missunderstood... and games that support it can play in even higher resolutions. *hoping*

If you do a search for "vga box" on google, you can find a number of sites that sell 3rd party converters. Since most these can use s-video or standard av input, they should be usable with any of your consoles.

It has to support it? S-Video will go in to this box and out a VGA-cable... and that won't work with all games? I can't even grasp what happens to the signal inside the mystery box, but I really had hoped not to limit the ammount of games I could play. sad.gif

The DC VGA box actually outputs a real VGA signal, as opposed to generic boxes which take a 15khz signal and scandouble it to work on a VGA monitor. If you want something like that with good quality, the X-RGB is probably your best bet, although I've heard the Hori converters aren't too bad either (they're a lot cheaper). BTW, the XRGB-3 is out now, and has a couple new features, so you may want to look into that.

Originally posted by it290@Thu, 2006-01-19 @ 02:55 PM

The DC VGA box actually outputs a real VGA signal, as opposed to generic boxes which take a 15khz signal and scandouble it to work on a VGA monitor. If you want something like that with good quality, the X-RGB is probably your best bet, although I've heard the Hori converters aren't too bad either (they're a lot cheaper). BTW, the XRGB-3 is out now, and has a couple new features, so you may want to look into that.

[post=143619]Quoted post[/post]​

What website do you go to, to buy that it290? I googled XRGB-3 and it came up with a ton of forum talk. Only real link I saw was to lik-sang and they are only advertising the XRGB-2 and are out of stock.

Tried lookin for one on ebay and no luck there either.

Actually I was mistaken, it has not been released yet. I saw the preview for it on Micomsoft's website and thought it had already been released. However, I imagine it should be out within a month or two.

Back