Video Gaming And Projectors

Has anyone else played their saturn on a projector? Projectors are the way games were meant to be played.
love.gif

My new goal in life is to buy a projector, two light guns, and play HOTD in my basement....would that work? I have no idea how light guns work, and I'm wondering, cuz you can change the size of the screen in a projector. I'm guessing you'd have to realign your gun every time you played. Can anybody recommend a portable projector under $2k? Last question: can someone loan me $2k?
wink.gif

i have this strange feeling that lightguns wouldn't work

yeah, projectors are nifty. back in the day the jc anime club i was in would jack one from the av dept. for watching our movies on. galaxy express 999 on a 4 ft. wide screen is doubly nifty

IBM has just released one that is 2.1lbs and insanely tiny, and goes up to 1024x768, and it configures itself(!). And as one of those nifty additions, the remote has a laser pointer built in.

Reason why I mention it is because not only does IBM envision it for business applications, but IBM has realized most people have outstanding PCs and video equipment, and this projector caters to them as well.

Only problem is, it's $3.5k.

Anyways, if you go to Tiger Direct, they have a lot of projectors, a lot of them under $2k as well.

Do the games lose image quality when it is projected? I have seen some videos and presentations at college and they didn't look well, even if the projected image isn't too large (like the height of a person).

That's just because video tapes are often crap, and the ppl operating the VCR/projector don't know crap about properly aligning/adjusting the projector and setting the tracking on the VCR. But hook up a digital source (console or PC) to the projector, and it'll come out crisp and brilliant. One computer science teacher I had did that with his laptop, and it was schweet.
smile.gif

Playing Guardian Heroes on the side of my friends barn was awesome! Yea, I live out in hick country
biggrin.gif

one thing to remeber about the little computer projectors is that they lonly last 2,000 hours or so then you need to replace the bulbs , runco's and sharp visoions arnt as bad but cost lots more , a friend tells me they have they at actions for $200 all the time .

Originally posted by grimey@Nov. 29 2002, 9:37 pm

one thing to remeber about the little computer projectors is that they lonly last 2,000 hours or so then you need to replace the bulbs , runco's and sharp visoions arnt as bad but cost lots more , a friend tells me they have they at actions for $200 all the time .

usually the bulb needing replacement every 2000 hours isnt too much of a problem if you can afford the projector in the first place
smile.gif
just dont leave it switched on when your leaving it paused for a while

wow I was just telling a buddy of mine a few weeks ago that I was getting one of these projectors for my games, neat its on your minds as well.
smile.gif

Back