Videos on disc 2 of sakura taisen joukai rajio

The video header says the file is supposedly SoftDec format but the SoftDec secoders (geared to Dreamcast) don't work for it. I assume there's a difference between Saturn SoftDec and Dreamcast SoftDec.

Is there anything that can play the video files from this disc (besides the game
tongue.gif
) or a converter available? If needed I can probably upload one of the videos to my website later if someone wants to take a look at figuring it out.

I tried TrueMotion and CnePak players just to be safe (in case the header was lying or something equally vile) and neither of those did the job.

Experience has taught me that Softdec files for the Dreamcast are made up of a MPEG-1 video component multiplexed with an ADX audio component. Have you tried de-multiplexing the Sofdec video using MPEG-1 de-multiplexers (e.g., DVMPEG, MPEG-VCR)? Note that TMPGEnc might not be able to de-multiplex SFD files.

here's a chunk of the header:

MPEG Sofdec data converted at 97-08-25 14:54:29 by CRI.

ƒTƒNƒ‰‘åíEö‹Cƒ‰ƒWƒ’ƒVƒ‡ƒE (translation: Sakura Taisen: Steam Radio Show)

SJR105.SFD

MOVIE

ƒRƒƒ“ƒg (translation: comment)

ADXENCD2 Ver 2.00

SOFDEC Ver 1.25

MPVEDIT Ver 0.50

SFDBLD Ver.0.53

SJR105.ADX

SJR105.V0

SJR105.V1

Edit: Neither of your noted tools worked. Tried them both. If you want ot check out the file it's at http://www.jumpstation.org/Z29.zip and weighs in at about 800KB.

According to the header, it looks like it could be a compilation of several files archived as one file. Do the other *.SFD files share the same header format?

SFD... SFD... I've seen some game use those before..., for audio, I think.

[wild guess]

Like MasterAkuma said, It's seems to be some sort of media pack, used to store lotsa media files. Prolly it doesn't uses compression schemes.

I bet the .V0 and .V1 files are video-only MPEG files.

The Saturn decodes the ADX audio, and the MPEG card takes care of the video.

Only If you happen to extract them...

[/wild guess]

hrm... this looks like a job for someone a bit better with file formats than me.

SFD is the extension for SoftDec videos on the Dreamcast. However it's a different version of SoftDec and the player sand converters don't work with these files.

Back