Virtua Skimmer WIP

Whoa what a update! I wonder how many you can get in there at 60. I was thinking about porting my Katamari clone in JS/C# but cant grasp how to convert it ATM but looks like it could be really cool demo with your engine. Especially now the texture mapping is so easy.

Pretty sure I'm doing something simple wrong though with Blender for your convertor. I can reconvert and use your Sonic .obj with the ZTE convertor just fine. But I tried replacing the sonic (.h and .ZTP) with the Blender default sample Box with 1 TGA I converted and neither it or the title show up anymore in a emulator and I get this error message in SSF.
http://i.magaimg.net/img/3b5r.png
I took your sonic .obj and added 1 TGA(no UV mapping) to the stomach and it doesnt show a error but doesnt show up either.
Use the execute.bat, it allows you to read if a texture isn't read (it lists the details of each texture).
If it says it couldn't load a texture, make sure the material name fits the texture name, else you might get errors.
You can also play with the Obj file directly (it's all in text) and rename the materials to match the texture name.
If the texture isn't shown, it's because it didn't load.
Also make sure your images are saved as 32 bits TGA WITHOUT RLE compression. For best results, also make sure they have no more than 16 colors.

Edit : You say the title doesn't show up... now that's really weird. Could be a memory issue. Remove the h model files (just don't ever include them, I just added this if anyone wanted to see it, but it's useless now as the binary format is way better).

I started porting some PSP Katamari levels. But it there a way to disable the Goruad lighting on a ZTP or have it baked? I'm not sure if its the size of my level, but any wall I'm facing is pure white and rather have it baked anyway when turning. I tried commenting out and changing computelight angles function but there is no difference.

Also this is stupid but what are the values at the end of model loader

Code:
    currentAddress = ztLoad3Dmodel((Sint8*)"ROOM.ZTP", currentAddress, &entities[1], 0);

How to I add a third one after [0],1;? I thought it was the entitie number and priority but i cant seem to add another. Like entities[2], 1);

Here's the a video showing the white walls if I face them. I don't know how to cull anything from a distance yet so it runs at 11fps. Also for some reason my players 8x1 and 2 32x32 textures aren't the right color at all and not sure what they deal is there.

I started porting some PSP Katamari levels. But it there a way to disable the Goruad lighting on a ZTP or have it baked? I'm not sure if its the size of my level, but any wall I'm facing is pure white and rather have it baked anyway when turning. I tried commenting out and changing computelight angles function but there is no difference.

Also this is stupid but what are the values at the end of model loader

Code:
    currentAddress = ztLoad3Dmodel((Sint8*)"ROOM.ZTP", currentAddress, &entities[1], 0);

How to I add a third one after [0],1;? I thought it was the entitie number and priority but i cant seem to add another. Like entities[2], 1);

Here's the a video showing the white walls if I face them. I don't know how to cull anything from a distance yet so it runs at 11fps. Also for some reason my players 8x1 and 2 32x32 textures aren't the right color at all and not sure what they deal is there.

The last value is "Use_gouraud", set it true or false. At false you use the quad's normal for lightning.
Your colors could be wrong because you have too many gouraud shading entries and it overflows on your textures' adress.
Set the last value to 0 and you will be Ok.
The converter doesn't bake the lightning values, but you can just do a dotproduct on the vectors and multiply the color value to get your lightning value.
You would still need to send that value to vram.
As for the culling, like I mentionned before it's not made for maps, only for entities.
You could subdivide your map in 4-5 models and cull them, but it's not super efficient.

Nice, with the player lighted it fixed the colors bit of a brainfart there why it was dark, and easily could of seen what the lighting bool was from that. Oh yeah that doom sample wasn't a level but entitie for that convertor, was wondering why I was having such crazy clipping issues. Probably will clip it in parts like you said and see if I can even make the game playable to be worth better culling and making a map.

Back