Voltage stepdown adapter

I recently bought a used modded NTSC J Saturn and it comes with a stepdown adapter 110v(the voltage output is 240 from where I live). But I'm abit worried that it may damage my 100v Saturn. Does the 10v makes any difference?

The PSU should run on a wide range of voltages. I just looked at the PSU in one of my US Saturns and it states it will run on 85v to 132v.

I'd check one of my Japanese ones but I've swapped the PSUs for 240v units and I can find the 100v ones. :lol:

So if I damage my Saturn with this adapter, I just need to change the PSU to fix it?

I damage my NTSC J Megadrive(modded to play PAL) megadrive unit by using it without any stepdown adapter. There no power when I switch it on, what is broken actually?

Originally posted by REDFLELD@Jan 5, 2004 @ 07:00 PM

I damage my NTSC J Megadrive(modded to play PAL) megadrive unit by using it without any stepdown adapter. There no power when I switch it on, what is broken actually?

If you're lucky there is a fuse in the Megadrive (not sure, to be honest) that may have blown. If you're not lucky, you've killed to completely beyond repair.

according to someone I know in Japan the voltages per region range from 100 to 115v, so all Japanese equipment supports that range. In fact, a friend of mine bought a Japanese saturn off said guy (took ages to get here) and it runs perfectly fine with my 220-110v stepdown converter.

Even in the US you're never guaranteed 100v or 110v... and in the EU you're never guaranteed 220, or 240, or whatever your equipment expects. :)

It fluctuates from area to area, house to house, sometimes even in a single house different outlets can have slightly different voltages. :)

Hi Tangrineth. ;)

Good point about the mains supply.

I also collect hi end audio and if you ask any hi fi enthusiast,One of the worst causes of a bad systems sound is the mains.

Late at night its brilliant---Due to the load and stress on the system being far less.

During the day it will be worse due to sheer demand.

Also there are 2 main differnces with USA & UK mains.

We use a ring system (i think) which differs in output configeration.Also the earth system is totaly different.

Try any hi fi late at night and it will sound great :blink:

I guess video game systems and tvs will look far better after about 12 AM aswell. :)

Some people go the lengths of having there own power supply tottaly cleaned and part regenerated,the effects are quite amazing.

Theres so much dirt fed through the mains that i doubt people are even aware of it.

With the psu plugs that you plug into items i always recomend using some sort of BRASSO copper cleaner which cleans contact pins(i know its sounds small but does make a difference).

Also allowing the tv to have its own power supply(instead of an extenshion block etc) will also help tremendously.

Thanks for the post,

Cheers,

Ian(uk) :ph34r:

Back