wanted: SegaCD AC

ratfish

Established Member
I need a SegaCD AC adaptor.

It has to be the Sega brand.

Standard 9V 1.2A

I'll buy it for $5 plus $3 for USPS priority shipping. So that's $8 total.

I'm in the US.

Originally posted by SegaFreak@Jun 15, 2003 @ 12:22 AM

I need a SegaCD AC adaptor.

It has to be the Sega brand.

Standard 9V 1.2A

I'll buy it for $5 plus $3 for USPS priority shipping. So that's $8 total.

I'm in the US.

USPS Priority mail costs $3.85, and depending where it is going can be higher.

In that case, make it $9 total.

Final offer.
tongue.gif

Well, I was going to plug my NES AC adapter into the SCD.

I don't want to fry anything, but I'm really tempted to turn it on.

The NES AC is 9V and 1.3A. That's 100mA higher than what the SCD says to use.

So am I being an idiot? Should I dare do it?
ohmy.gif

I really don't want to replace my SCD, but I really want to play it.
damn.gif

Originally posted by SegaFreak@Jun 14, 2003 @ 11:51 PM

ohmy.gif

damn.gif

Umm...did you already plug the NES AC adaptor into the SCD AND the wall? If you did you just got yourself a dead SCD right there. The NES AC adapter outputs AC current as opposed to the DC current pretty much everything else uses.

Well my SCD busted awhile ago so I'll check to see if I still have the power adaptor for it. If I do, its all yours... even though I plan to get another scd it should come with a power cord. Maybe I used the wrong adaptor and thats why it busted
sad.gif

I doubt it though as it worked for a while before it gave out

---Ammut

I tried using my Nintendo RF cable for my genny. It would work ok but when i played 32x games, there would be missing graphics.

Originally posted by SegaSquad@Jun 15, 2003 @ 05:08 PM

I tried using my Nintendo RF cable for my genny. It would work ok but when i played 32x games, there would be missing graphics.

And what does this have to do with anything?
huh.gif

Originally posted by SegaFreak+Jun 15, 2003 @ 09:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SegaFreak @ Jun 15, 2003 @ 09:36 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-SegaSquad@Jun 15, 2003 @ 05:08 PM

huh.gif
[/b][/quote]

Not to mention it makes perfect sense since you didn't connect the tv to the 32x like you were supposed to and were missing all the 32x generated graphics. There's a reason for that pass through cable you know.

Oh and believe it or not something like 90% of all the SUDDEN failures of model 2 SCD's can be attributed to the fuse in the unit burning out. Those things went like crazy. All you have to do it replace it with a 1 amp fuse and you're fine. The one in the unit looks like a small green sausage thingy and is soldered to the board right beside the power connector.

Originally posted by gameboy900@Jun 15, 2003 @ 07:16 PM

Oh and believe it or not something like 90% of all the SUDDEN failures of model 2 SCD's can be attributed to the fuse in the unit burning out. Those things went like crazy. All you have to do it replace it with a 1 amp fuse and you're fine. The one in the unit looks like a small green sausage thingy and is soldered to the board right beside the power connector.

I bet that's what happened to my first SCD.

Maybe I can get that part at Radio Shack and sell it.

Thanks for the tip gameboy!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by gameboy900@Jun 15, 2003 @ 04:16 AM

sad.gif
I wish I knew that while I still had the SCD unit

great tip though, I'll know for next time.

---Ammut

Originally posted by Ammut@Jun 15, 2003 @ 07:56 PM

sad.gif
I wish I knew that while I still had the SCD unit

great tip though, I'll know for next time.

---Ammut

Did you get rid of yours? Oh, and did you have a model 1 or 2?

If I ever end up fixing mine, I could sell it to you Ammut, cheap. I say "If I ever end up..." because I let some one borrow it who I don't stay in contact with, so I don't know what happened to it. They said they would try to fix it, but it's been almost 6 months already.
sad.gif

Originally posted by gameboy900+Jun 16, 2003 @ 03:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gameboy900 @ Jun 16, 2003 @ 03:16 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by SegaFreak@Jun 15, 2003 @ 09:36 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-SegaSquad
@Jun 15, 2003 @ 05:08 PM

huh.gif

Not to mention it makes perfect sense since you didn't connect the tv to the 32x like you were supposed to and were missing all the 32x generated graphics. There's a reason for that pass through cable you know.

Oh and believe it or not something like 90% of all the SUDDEN failures of model 2 SCD's can be attributed to the fuse in the unit burning out. Those things went like crazy. All you have to do it replace it with a 1 amp fuse and you're fine. The one in the unit looks like a small green sausage thingy and is soldered to the board right beside the power connector. [/b][/quote]

yep, as did mine. i replaced the fuse, but cant find a friggin power adapter!!!

Yeah, that's probably the thing that bothers me the most.

What I want to know is why is it so hard to find SCD AC adapters?

I was going to go buy one from Radio Shack, but when I got there I didn't see one, and I asked the guy working there and he said they stopped carrying it!
ohmy.gif

That's so weird because I just bought one from them about a year ago, and now they don't have them anymore?

Very frustrating.
angry.gif

Originally posted by gameboy900+Jun 15, 2003 @ 10:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gameboy900 @ Jun 15, 2003 @ 10:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SegaFreak@Jun 14, 2003 @ 11:51 PM

ohmy.gif

damn.gif

Umm...did you already plug the NES AC adaptor into the SCD AND the wall? If you did you just got yourself a dead SCD right there. The NES AC adapter outputs AC current as opposed to the DC current pretty much everything else uses.[/b][/quote]

That's odd. I couldn't find my NES AC adapter for the NES I've had for 15 years. I compared the SegaCD's AC adapter and used that instead. It works great! so I've been switching between the SegaCD and NES for over a year now.
tongue.gif

I also spliced the same SegaCD AC adapter so I only need 1 AC plugged in for my Model2 SegaCD/Model 1 Genesis setup.
cool.gif

AC01.jpg

uh.. bad idea. your PSU is constantly putting out power above its specs, which will eventually lead to a burnt out PSU.

btw, NES psus in europe and usa differ.. one's DC, the other AC.

Originally posted by Arakon@Jun 17, 2003 @ 08:56 AM

uh.. bad idea. your PSU is constantly putting out power above its specs, which will eventually lead to a burnt out PSU.

btw, NES psus in europe and usa differ.. one's DC, the other AC.

yeah probably, but I've got extras laying around.

Heh, some of us don't have extras.
laugh.gif

I've decided that there are a specific devision of gnomes that steal SCD AC adapters just to make it hard for us to find them. Maybe they're hired by Sony or something.

Back