Warning to all Optimum Online Users....

is there a way to check to see if you have been caped (besides calling your isp up) -- or do you just monitor your up and download speeds

-- ive noticed when i first got my service i had much higher speeds -- and now it sucks -- ive always wanted to call them up but didnt want to argue about how much bandwith im using -- but they shouldnt advertize you get this much and then cap you- i see that as being robbed -- i used to think about telling them i want to discontinue the service so i can talk about being capped

i have comcast -- ive always suspected they capped me but didnt know how to check with out calling them up

Originally posted by Gallstaff+Jun 2, 2003 @ 04:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gallstaff @ Jun 2, 2003 @ 04:17 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Taelon@Jun 2, 2003 @ 09:15 PM

Oh, and all this is on a slow AMD K6-3 computer with Win98SE and cable modem via USB adapter.

Ew... I've always found that to be flakey as hell and unstable. Dont you? [/b][/quote]

Yeah... I've heard people say that a lot. But I always tell them the same thing - for me, it works flawlessly... I dunno, I just don't ever have a problem with it. My connection is rock solid... honestly... Maybe it's just a matter of being good about keeping the USB support and the Ethernet-via-USB driver updated and running smoothly. *shrug*

But the new computer I just ordered online
smile.gif
will obviously have a real PCI Ethernet adapter since I still prefer the straightforwardness of it. My current PC just doesn't have PCI slots left to put one in.

Back