Warriors Of Fate & Outrun Burning probs...

I downloaded both games from elportal, but I cannot get them to work!

(and I think that the elportal guy ripped them ok, his site is an old one....)

I have downloaded both games, archives are OK. I burn them with Nero (as with every Saturn game) but for some strange reason, none works... even tried fireburner!

Warriors of Fate shows only the SEGA copyright logo, and then the screen goes black.... left it about 5 mins, nothing happens

Outrun shows the Now Loading screen, then a rotating SEGA logo, and this logo stays forever...

Anyone burnt them succesfully? any ideas? I tried burnins with an MSI an a Plextor recorder at various speeds, with the same results... I want to play them on a Model2 modded EU saturn and with or without having inserted an Action Replay Plus 4in1.

Any help is welcomed
biggrin.gif

A number of people have reported problems with various ISO's on Elportal. I really don't know about these two. What format are they in? If it's ISO+MP3 can you use EZCD Creator 95 (need Windows 9x/ME)?

well, both are ISO/mp3 , outrun has a cue, and Warriors of Fate does not, I produced one with SEGAcueMaker. Unfortunatelly I cannot use EZCD, because both my maschines are winXP....

Ok...a few things to try:

Give CDRWin a go - most people report success with this package.

Convert the MP3's to WAV's and alter the cue sheet to reflect this.

Also post the cue sheets - somebody might have a clue as to why they don't work...

thanx curtis
biggrin.gif
, I'll try it later, if it does not work, I'll post the cue sheets....

btw, If anyone has working copies of any of the above games, please post the cuesheets.... thanx

Hmm. Could it be possible that the ISO track itself is truncated, i.e. files are missing from the game?

The best way to test this would be by opening the .iso file in ISOBuster (WinRAR 3.x works too) and extracting all files to some temporary folder. If the extraction completes successfully, then ... uh ... no idea.
smile.gif

no, I tested both isos, they are ok... will check them again though

Maybe the audio tracks in WOF are named incorrect, I will convert them to WAV and check with the iso (the iso has dummy audio tracks inside. pointers, to cdda audio) perhaps someone screwed the order.... as for outrun, I do not have the slightest idea, will try cdrwin

OK, if there are pseudo-files pointing to CDDA tracks in the ISO, the problem could be the opposite ... that the ISO is too long (a lot of ISOs actually are 150 sectors too long because most programs rip the postgap along with the data track, stupidly). That would cause the game to run smack into the end of the ISO track/the postgap when it's in fact trying to play the first audio track. Perhaps that is the problem...?

If I need to strip 150 sectors, how can I do that? I'll try to burn a copy...

But I found something else in wof:

There are fake cdda files inside the iso (pointers).

I converted the mp3's in wavs, but I did not find any wavs matching the size of the cdda files in the iso... is this normal? maybe that is the problem... any ideas?

It's OK for the CDDA "files" and the actual WAVs to mismatch in size, that's not the problem.

The quick and easy way to correct the size of your ISO with ISObuster:

Look at the LBA value of the *first* CDDA pseudo-file (sort the directory listing by LBA to be sure).

Rightclick on the ISO track and select "Extract from-to." Select length (rather than last sector), then enter the LBA value from that first CDDA file minus 300. (Trust me on this, it's 300, not 150.) Make sure you extract to 2048 bytes/sector and not 2352 (that would be raw mode and we don't want that).

You'll have a new copy of the ISO track that's slightly smaller than the one you started from... Hope that does the trick with burning your game.

the webmaster of Elportal said me that WOF iso is bad ripped.... and that he does not know about outrun... I will try the sector cutting method though, and I'll let u know...

Back