Weird cartridges

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Teddybeer

Website
www.nerdzone.nl
I've got an Japanese sega saturn (Gray one, i don't know what that one is doing in Holland) from a friend that works at a games shop.

The thing blinks a couple of times when it is plugged in he television. You can see the screen a couple of times then it goes blank forgood.. I thin it is that ntsc vs pal problem. Well he had some games with it.. japanese and 2 cartridges.

One is marked cdplus. A red/green lable..

The other is marked Pro Universal adapter...

Anyone knows what these are?

Arakon

my guess is that both of them are country converter carts.

Teddybeer

Website
www.nerdzone.nl
Plugged both in my own europe saturn.. powered up with a japanese cd.. didn't work. tried the japanese with both cartridge on pal tv didn't work. I'm curious what it would be used for.. cannot find it anywhere on internet.

Teddybeer

Website
www.nerdzone.nl
I was bored playing with the other collection items i got from sega and i really wanted to know what the cartridges did so i popped one in and looked.. I got a boot screen saying this ain't no sega product.. Then i got the cd-player, you know the one you usually get in when you pop in a copied cd. Weird thing was i really had a genuine cd in there... Then i noticed the first button changed to : start application... Hmm.. press.. woohoo running the game..

Hey... next thing.. pop in a copied cd... didn't work.. got the normal cd player without the cd.

Next thing.. pop in a Japanese Saturn game
Presto, worked perfectly can play japanese games on european console.

Hmm.... hey... but what if i boot the console with an original game, remove it while in cd player mode and continue with a copied one.
Worked flawlessly.. No more nasty swapping trick.

I heard you can still buy one of those cartridges. I got 2.. one CD+ and the other labeled Pro Universal adapter they look ancient but if you are lucky......

BTW : anyone knows how to get a japanese saturn on a european TV? I boot the japanese console then the screen goes

*on*off*on*off*on*off*on*off
kind of unplayable.

BloodyKnuckles

so you're saying that both the CD+ and pro universal adapter cartridges booted import and copies? that's cool

Derrick

segasonic

Website
Visit site
Teddybeer - The Japanese Saturn should work fine on most euro TV's if you get an RGB SCART lead. Mine works a treat.

Teddybeer

Website
www.nerdzone.nl
<quote>

if you get an RGB SCART lead.

</quote>

Err
I'm not that into tv stuff... but what do you mean? Scart lead? err.. a little box or so?

And yes Derrick, they played both of them. Hey, i'm from holland and i don't need two of them. If i can make anyone happy with it.

segasonic

Website
Visit site
A SCART lead is a superior alternative to the RF cable. It's got a 21 pin connector and is also known as a euroconnector or a peritel.

Teddybeer

Website
www.nerdzone.nl
Ah yeah, that one. I'm using it, stupid me.. That one also gives the weird flickering. Perhaps the thing is just dead.

I tought you had some sort of conversion box or so.