what anime are you watching at the moment?

That's explained in the first series. Lupin the Third is the grandson of the original Arsene Lupin, and son of Lupin the Second. Zenigata is also the grandson of the french detective Zenigata, that moved to Japan after Lupin the Third's father. All this, must I add, didn't fall favorably on the original copyright holders of Arsene Lupin. A interesting fact is that the international version of Lupin (playing in Portugal), has the original openings, but not the original music (the one with the "Lupin da thiird" refrain), and the title's been (crappily) replaced with a "Cliff Hanger" logo, like the version that showed on the states years ago.

EDIT : I'm still seeing Scrapped Princess and Last Exile. Heluva good shows, they are.

Originally posted by TakaIsSilly@Jul 11, 2003 @ 08:18 PM

That's explained in the first series. Lupin the Third is the grandson of the original Arsene Lupin, and son of Lupin the Second. Zenigata is also the grandson of the french detective Zenigata, that moved to Japan after Lupin the Third's father. All this, must I add, didn't fall favorably on the original copyright holders of Arsene Lupin. A interesting fact is that the international version of Lupin (playing in Portugal), has the original openings, but not the original music (the one with the "Lupin da thiird" refrain), and the title's been (crappily) replaced with a "Cliff Hanger" logo, like the version that showed on the states years ago.

EDIT : I'm still seeing Scrapped Princess and Last Exile. Heluva good shows, they are.

http://www.coolfrenchcomics.com/arsenelupin.htm

That's not uh what Arsene lupin is supposed to be is it I mean I'm guessing that's something totally different but it didnt' derive from some old french book did it?

I just finally got around to starting to watch Rurouni Kenshin and Outlaw Star...

Both of em are pretty good, though about 4 eps into each, I'm more attached to Outlaw Star. Heroes that refuse to kill people just piss me off...

Heh I just got a few eps of Tenchi Muyo GXP and I have to say this is some of the best anime I have ever seen, or perhaps the best anime ever.

:D Told you, you would enjoy it(Tenchi GXP). I'm currently watching the Maison Ikkoku series which was the inspiration for several popular series after it (those who see it without knowing the full story could swear that its old school Love Hina). The author of the series is Anime great Takahashi Rumiko (also author of Inuyasha, Ramna 1/2, Uretsei Yatsura, and also one of the richest person's in Japan :D). Its a longer series, but well worth the time spent watching it.

Just got done watching all the way through Hajime no Ippo aka The Fighting Ippo : The First Step, EXCELLENT series. Probably one of the more popular newer series in Japan. It's based on the rise to fame of a boxer... I know what you are thinking... a boxing anime?? Its actually quite good, very addictive.

Check it out if you get a chance to see it, no US dubs and may not be one for a bit (thats fine... Anime is best viewed in its original artistic beauty without US modification/translation :D ), GREAT anime to see.

Naruto at the moment. In one week or less, Hellsing, Serial Experiment Lain, and Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 should arrive. They should keep me busy for a while. ^^

i watched wonderful days about a week ago.

it has REALLY REALLY suck storyline. :damn:

i recommend anyone who interested in this, not to see this awful anime.

it is really wasting time to see this horrible anime.

i watch Malice@Doll currently now

it is still better than wonderful days.

sorry for poor english.

These days I'm watching an old anime called Plawres Shanshiro(known as Jumaru) with tiny robots fighting each other on a contest. :)

I just finished watching the second epsidoe of the first series of Star Blazers. I haven't seen that in years.

I've also ordered the first series on DVD. :D :banana

Just started watching Dual! on TechTV on demand. I don't really like it. They totally stole from Evangelion. There giant models look just alike and are even called something like 001, 002, 003, and so on. They are even the same colors. Main character even looks the same!! But im still watchin it.

Originally posted by MasterAkumaMatata@Sep 10, 2003 @ 03:48 AM

Naruto at the moment. In one week or less, Hellsing, Serial Experiment Lain, and Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 should arrive. They should keep me busy for a while. ^^

I've finished watching Hellsing and Serial Experiment Lain. Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 is two-thirds done. Almost getting there. :)

I just finished all 24 episodes of Scrapped Princess recently. Great anime. I highly recommend this title. :)

Naruto and Ikkitousen are excellent picks too. Naruto is cool and Ikkitousen is enjoyable ;) .

Back