What are the most rare genesis titles?

shining force 1 is one of 3 sega genesis games i keept over the years it's in good shape just the battery died years ago in the cart. my sister had shining force 2 complete dont know if she still does i thought about buying all her stuff since i just recently hooked my gens up. she has a sega cd model one lunar and willy beamish i forget what other games she has for the sega cd. hell if i knew there was going to be a market for all this stuff i woudln't ahve sold my sega cd with all my games for it for 300 lol. i had all complete sets of everythign i owned all in good condition i was sort of anal about it all.

but there are tons of shining force 1 games on ebay i dont know how rare it really is. and i dont understand why venom and primal rage are rare for the sega cd they used to be sold for like 5 dollars in bargin bins.

Originally posted by ICEknight@Sun, 2005-09-04 @ 11:57 AM

Sonic 2 v.02, with the "SuperSonic at the end of the level" bug fixed. That would be as r@re as it can get.

[post=139170]Quoted post[/post]​

does that even exist? it could've been just a hack for Sonic Compilation.

Nobody knows for sure. However, due to the fact that S&K checks for a rev 02, we have to assume that it might be out there in standalone form, since Compilation obviously doesn't work with S&K.

Are people still charging $250 for Alien Soldier(Japan) and/or Rockman Megaworld? The PAL version of Alien Soldier doesn't go into the stratosphere on eBay as much as it used to. There are are also shitty HK bootlegs of both it and Rockman Megaworld floating about.

Someone should start up a service like NES Reproductions for Genesis games.

think it's not the game but the release run.

many of western titles were not that popular in Japan hence printed in low number and those are now in demand... or something like that... look at Virtual Bart (JP) version and how much it fetches in Japan...

hmm rare games...

if you can find it on ebay more than once in your life, its not that rare...

Pirates GOLD i would agree is rare.

Alien Soldier, SOR3 & Megaman Wilywars are high price fetchers.

ECCO JR has proven difficult to find complete i believe its quite rare.

but Toe Jam & Earl? everyone wants it but not rare, its easy to get hold of. Panic on Funkotron is a bit harder to get.

How about Shadowrun? i don't think it even had a PAL release?

Back