What do you do?

Quote: from 3rdman on 12:52 pm on Mar. 8, 2002

I'm a Lighting Director for a TV network. If any of you pick up the Univision network on your cable company, you can see some of my work. :)

The hours suck, but the people are generally pretty cool.

Cool someone related to my work, If I ever go there will contact you first. (I do broadcast software for the automation of on-air transmission at the master)

Quote: from falstaff on 12:55 pm on Mar. 8, 2002

My wife is hispanic, from the Domincan Republic. She watches that channel all the time. Novelas, Sabado Gigante ect.

LOL Sabado Gigante is MY show! Of course I never met a latino that doesn't watch it or is familiar with it. But that is the biggest show I work on.

Artemio, please do so.

(Edited by 3rdman at 1:08 pm on Mar. 8, 2002)

Very cool! My wife and I met one of the models once in a latin markey in NYC. It was Lili, back when she worked on the show. Very tall and beautiful. She was taking pics with people and called us over for a pic, but the camera man needed more film. We did our shopping and came back about an hour later, and she remembered our names! Impressed me. Very nice person. By the way, I do speak, read and write spanish fluently. I even teach a class in public speaking in spanish (the class takes place in spanish for spanish speaking individuals.)

Estoy casi seguro que asi es la verdad. Yo se que muchas de las sistema viejas como de nintendo y genesis, son bien popular con los hispanos que viven aqui en Phoenix. Ha llegado a ser dificil encontrar estas systems por que muchos de ellos estan comprando y enviandolos a sus familiares en sus paises. Son mas baratos y tienen una profundidad de juegos (baratos) que pueden jugar.

Quote: from Artemio Urbina on 1:44 pm on Mar. 8, 2002

Cool

¿Asi que hay más hispanohablantes de lo que parece que visitan este site?, interesante =)

Good to know that =)

Estamos por el Mundo entero... ;)

flastaff, Yes Lili is very nice and one of the few talents whose head hasn't swelled up, if you know what I mean. She is no longer with Sabado Gigante but instead she now hosts a daily show in the afternoon called "El Gordo Y La Flaca" which I also happened to have lit. :)

I've seen it. (the mrs. you know). Actually the two shows you've mentioned, along with Christina and Univision's morning show (I forget the name), are some of the highest quality shows on any of the 4 spanish channels we get here. My wife just wishes the were more programs for caribenas (sorry no tilde)como ella. Most of the programs here are geared for the Mexican populous, as they should be. Cool job though!

God, La Camera Infragante pisses me off. I don't see anything funny about the videos they used to show in the mid 90s. People got HURT in non-comical fashions.

I don't find it funny either for the same reasons, but you have to allow for different sensabilities and senses of humour. That show was created origenally to be shown only in Mexico, not here. But you have to check out the other shows. Lots of pretty shapely girlies a la jennifer lopez. whoo hoo! SATELITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently waiting on a decision of wether or not I'll get a new job in a kitchen or continue installing satellite dishes. Should find out tomorrow. :)

Quote: from actripxl on 11:06 am on Mar. 8, 2002

Well im about a year away from my D.D.S (Doctorate in Dental Surgery), and hopfully specialize in Maxilo Facial Surgery

OOoOh Plastic surgery and WISDOM TEETH!

Quote: from falstaff on 6:24 pm on Mar. 8, 2002

I don't find it funny either for the same reasons, but you have to allow for different sensabilities and senses of humour. That show was created origenally to be shown only in Mexico, not here. But you have to check out the other shows. Lots of pretty shapely girlies a la jennifer lopez. whoo hoo! SATELITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can guarantee that the Mexican population (at least the one I know, and I live here) doesn't watch that stuff...

Just a quick question, but who's that hot Latina singer that was a guest on "El fin de semana" (I know that's not Univision, it's Telemundo)? She was in this cowboy out fit and every once in a while her backup singers would pick her up and her shirt said "Viva Mexico" or something...

Another quick question/comment. TV isn't as big in Mexico as it is in the USA, correct?

I do multimedia programming like cds presentations and kiosks, tiny games, internet stuff and such. But I´m pretty sick of all computer related stuff and will try to get a diploma on social science or philosophy and become the most intellectual gamer* on planet earth >:D

*and metalhead too

(Edited by Draconar at 8:21 pm on Mar. 8, 2002)

2nd year Political Science major. I am planning on getting my PHD and becoming a tenured professor. So I've still got A LOT of schooling left. Next year I am doing study abroad in England.

I've noticed I don't exactly fit in with everyone else here. :) Am I the only person, beside the jobless high schoolers, not in a technological field?

Back