What do you think of KOF 2001?

I love how you've still failed to give any form of counterpoint or support for your argument other than "hahahaha I LIKE IT :D"

hehehe I guess I didnt make that much of a reply on the strikers system because of 1 simple thing.....I dont really even use my strikers....strikers are not what makes kof,,,kof. ok. kof is just 3 on 3 fighting to me, I used the strikers a bit in 99 but who needs them when you do just fine without them? So all in all I dont see why you would stress on that stupid point so much?? If you dont like the game, dont play it....there is nothing wrong with it....so yes I like the entire game for what it is, ....another kof game....when I want strikers....I play Strikers 1945 PLUS on my Home System....so bla bla bla to you, and if you come back with another stupid reply like the one above.....you seriously got some issues.
tongue.gif
hehehehe

Interesting, no idea how to use strikers whatsover. Why not, since KOF is a 3-on-3 fighting game, except for 2001 where you can have one guy and 3 strikers. or two guys and two strikers and fight someone with 3 guys and one striker or... HEY WAIT A MINUTE! That means it's not 3-on-3
tongue.gif

Making a change like that is obviously changing the focus to strikers as opposed to straight 3-on-3 tournament fighting.

I think they should really just drop the striker system all together.

On another note, wouldn't it be neat if they brought the Kizuna tagging system into KOF? I always thoguh it was so cool you had to be in THE ZONE near your character to tag. It made tagging really reasonable so that the tag didn't dominate the game like in Tekken Tag, 4-player DOA, or the Capcom VS series (X-MEN vs SF, Marvel vs SF, Marvel vs Capcom 1)

I just got done playing it again...and Ive been thinking about what you guys are talking about, I guess I never even watched the how to play screen before and didnt really care to see it, the striker system is changed for the better!! I dont see what you guys bitch about....its still basically 3 on 3 to me, kof will allways be 3 on 3 to me now its just 3 on 3 plus 1 hehehehe big deal.....so you can have 3 strikers now an stuff, thats pretty cool...the reason I never even noticed the strikers thing before is simply like I stated before I kick ass with my main guy anyways with out using the strikers,?? So why would you say I dont know how to play it?? Nobody beats me at it....strikers or no strikers...its not that big o deal....
tongue.gif
Plus the music and backgrounds were nice so I guess I never noticed the difference, either way I beat the game.
tongue.gif
I still stand by my statement before KOF2001 is Awesome!! and youre crazy if you dont like it.
smile.gif

I think what everyone's trying to get at is that the striker system can be INCREDIBLY abused, but since you don't know how to abuse the striker system, you just aren't seeing what the fuss is about.

There was a farmer had a dog and Bingo was his name-o!

B! I! NGO!

B! I! NGO!

B! I! NGO!

And Bingo was his name-o!

I'd tell you to go to Orochinagi and check out some of the abuse videos. The combos are not that hard, I can do quite a few of them. But if you were to see how jacked up it is, you'd probably like the game a lot less so since you don't know, don't find out
biggrin.gif

hehehe I guess I would need to actually see what you are talking about because the computer doesnt seem to do to me what you guys are talking about....

Oh well obviously man
smile.gif
The expert level PC is NOWHERE near as skilled as a good human player. On top of that it doesn't know how to exploit all the engine glitches. There have been infinite combos since KOF98 but there were only like two or three, they were insanely hard to do, and only 2 or 3 characters could do them (Jow and two others, I forget). 99 wasn't much worse than 98 on their use but you could easily do 95% striker combos if you had two power levels. I had made a lot of videos of such combos and put them up a while back. When 2000 added cancling, that's when engine glitches really came out and people could do infinites right and left. Almost every character has one and they're not that challanging to do. 2001 just took it a step further by the cancel system being a bit further off. Also the new rebound move (where a character bounces off the wall so you can continue a combo) didn't really help much in stopping this either.

It's not glitches, it's holes in the engine that can be exploited. A glitch is when the game flat out bugs (like the Mei Li and Kula butt-sex bug).

I know, thats what I meant.....point me to where these videos are I want to see them...please. and DBOY since you are knowledgeable about neo geo what do you think of my kit ver 0.6? Please at least you can give me your feedback since you allways reply to what I say.
smile.gif

You're the only other poster int he neo forum, how can I not
tongue.gif

Well I don't really have much feedback to give about your kit as I never used it for any of my Neo-CD games.

No, I own a Neo-CD (not the CDZ though, heard lots of complaints about it wearing out and overheating).

I just have no use for something to hack Neo-CD's for distribution (which is what I'm under the impression your program is primarily used for)

nope, its supposed to be used to back up your own neo cds to play on the home systems and you get no i/o errors or cdz errors, you really outta check it out if you own the home system...single speed or cdz, and its not true about them overheating....mine has been used ALOT since the day of its release, and its playing just fine still to this day, the reason people burn it out is they just plug it in the wall and ruin it because it runs on differnt voltage than the usa voltage, so it overheats and burns out, if you use a step-down transformer on it , it will work for a long time.
smile.gif

nope, Japan runs at 100 volts as usa runs at 120 volts so those stupid asses that use the cdz or any other japan console w/o a step down fries the system and blames it on the manufactuar....go figure...

Back