what games to get out of Japan

Lo folks,

A friend of mine in Japan likes to go out and search for consoles & games for other people (how handy
tongue.gif
), and he offered to get me some saturn stuff and send it to me. He's already getting a white Saturn :cheers but I as I don't know much about Japanese Saturn games (i have only 2 Jpn games) I haven't got a clue about which games he should get for me. I'm especially looking for schmups, although (2D) fighters, racing games and some other good games that don't fit into a genre (i.e. Nights); and above all the games shouldn't be too rare or expensive. Can anyone of you give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Not to forget

Beatemup:

Street Fighter Zero 3

Capcom Generation 5 (SF 2 ChampionEdt, World Warrior, Turbo Hyper Fighting)

X-Men vs. Street Fighter

Fatal Fury - Best Collection (incl. Real Bout + Real Bout Special)

King of Fighters - Best Collection (King of Fighters 95, 96, 97)

Marvel Super Heroes vs. Street Fighter

Samurai Shodown - Best Collection (SS3+SS4)

Vampire Savior

Shooter

Gun Griffon 2

Sexy Parodius

Terra Diver (Soukyugurentai)

Action:

Castlevania X

well contact him by mail seiko_u @ yahoo.com , I think he's willing to help you out (say AntiPasta sent you or something)

here's a list with prices he sent me if anyone is interested:

Saturn Movie Card (SEGA VERSION) 5000 yen (unboxed)

White Saturn Boxed with leads and Pad - 6500 yen

White Saturn with nothing - 2500 yen

Gray Saturn Boxed With Pads and Leads - 5000 yen

Gray Saturn with Nothing - 1500 yen

Saturn Pads (mostly white and unboxed) 1000 yen

NiGHTS Pad (Unboxed) 1000 yen

Memory Cards (Sega Branded but no lables and White in Colour) - 1000 yen

Saturn Modem kit - 3000 yen

Saturn Mouse - 1500 yen

1 MBIT Ram cart - 1000 yen (No box)

4 MBIT Ram cart 1200 yen (No box)

Cool, now when he says whit saturn with nothing. Does he mean just no controllers and hookups. Or is it missing parts that are vital for play?

Originally posted by SegaSquad@Jun 19, 2003 @ 06:51 AM

Cool, now when he says whit saturn with nothing. Does he mean just no controllers and hookups. Or is it missing parts that are vital for play?

Like games you mean?
rolleyes.gif

I don't think anyone's gonna sell you a Saturn which they admit is broken for $21.

Don't we need a convertor or something because of the voltage difference if we were to plug in a Japanese Saturn into our electrical outlets?

Using a japanese Saturn in the US? No.

The 'import' Saturns that I have have PSU that will take voltages from 85v to 125v* or so.

However, the socket where you insert the mains lead is a different shape.

* I can't remember if the upper limit it is 125v or higher, but either way you should be right.

Pardon my ignorance, but that means that I can play a Japanese Saturn here with no problems or modifications to the hardware?

Not quite.

The only issue would be the power cable itself. Neither of my japanese Saturns came with a power lead so I don't know what type of plug they use. I don't have any other japanese equipment either...

I do know that the socket where the mains lead plugs into the PSU are different between US and japanese Saturns.

If you're in Europe however, it's a different story.. You'd need a stepdown.

As for shmups to recommend:

All the Raizing stuff (Soukyugurentai, Kingdom Grandprix etc)

The 'best of' type packs for some oldies (Gradius, Salamander, Thunder Force)

Thunder Force V

Sengoku Blade

Battle Garegga

Donpachi + Dodonpachi

Game Paradise

Kyukyoko Tiger II +

In The Hunt

Sexy Parodius

Back