What is your favorite type of music?

I like it all from Bach's Brandenburg Conciertos, to Ludricous. But I guess my fav chill music is bebop jazz a la Miles Davis, Wes Montgomery, Stan Getz, Dave Brubeck, Carlos Jobiem and ect. I guess as I get older so does my taste. zzz

my favorite styles of music are..

Oldies (AM Gold for example)

Ambiant

Rave, Digital, Techno, Dance, blah blah blah..

Oldskool R&B

thats about it.

Lately ive been into the group Lamb. Very good group and music indeed

I like all forms of european dance music

eg...

house

trance

techno

happy hardcore

UK garage

anything i liked that i was too pissed to remember what it was

My favourite group is Faithless, Got two of their albums, and seen them live. Was in the front row and Hi Fived Maxi Jazz during the performance
smile.gif
)))))

Originally posted by ExCyber@April 24 2002,16:35

It's just a buzzword that's supposed to mean something along the lines of "different/better than all the normal stuff". Of course, once a label like that is popular, it takes on a sort of secondary meaning based on what bands people decide to label with it

That kind of happens with all categorisations though I guess.. Segasonic wanting 'PROPER punk', me on about what's 'rock and roll'. It's cool to argue points like this that can never have a resolution (no-one's arguing here just yet
devil.gif
). When I think of the term 'prog' I think of twiddly guitar showing off and four day drum solos. Then again, I like Tool a lot and you can't deny that there's a lot of that kind of stuff in them.

Contadictions, I love 'em

Originally posted by falstaff@April 24 2002,08:45

I like it all from Bach's Brandenburg Conciertos, to Ludricous. But I guess my fav chill music is bebop jazz a la Miles Davis, Wes Montgomery, Stan Getz, Dave Brubeck, Carlos Jobiem and ect. I guess as I get older so does my taste. zzz

Man, I love classical music but I can´t just stand Bach´s Brandenburg Concertos and can´t stand all Mendelsonn´s work either. It´s so mellow and boring. And in the other hand I love almost everything from Haydn, specially Die Uhr (the clock) symphonies. I´m listening very much these days some shit from Wagner (excerpts from Die Valkuere) and the great Hanns Eisler. One of the best modern shit i´ve bumped onto these days.

And when I´m not listening to Classical Music I´m listening to black-death-doom-metal, noise, harsh industrial and old carcass. I love to be paradoxal
biggrin.gif

I like Bach's concerto in D minor for harpsichord, it's rather funkah... I like his harpsichord stuff.

I don't think it's such a paradox though - really, there's a lot of parallels between the symphonies and a lot of metal, in music theory (dynamic) and a rebellious sense... if you think about it, a lot of the classical stuff was "heavy" for back then... and still is. But that's just my impression.

You like Wagner! What tolerant ears you must have.

Back