What is your hobby?

In the past, I collected guitars and did repaires and modifications (hot-rodding) and some customizing as well. Recently I have been finding old first generation home pc's and getting them working again, along with their printers, disk drives, ECT. Kind of a nostalgia trip to my teens. I loves playing a lot of the first generation games again on them too.

Originally posted by racketboy+Mar 1, 2004 @ 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Mar 1, 2004 @ 06:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-it290@Mar 1, 2004 @ 06:09 AM

edit2 - when I say card games, I mean like poker and stuff, lest anyone get the wrong idea. 😉

oh yeah -- I like poker and stuff too 🙂 [/b][/quote]

hey is there a way you can play poker online with friends and stuff?

like not a gambling site, but just playing for fun?

It would be cool if we could have a SX poker night 😀

Originally posted by Des-ROW+Mar 1, 2004 @ 02:32 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ Mar 1, 2004 @ 02:32 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MTXBlau@Mar 1, 2004 @ 12:52 PM

I'm a political/law junkie.

Sounds interesting, please tell us more about that! [/b][/quote]

Well, I'm a law student. But, more specifically, I follow Supreme Court decisions and such. Politics, well, I've worked on two campaigns, and like to follow the proceedings as closely as possible.

I play in a rockband with some friends, I play drums. I also love to watch anime, got a shitload of it 🙂 And just hanging out with friends, watching a movie, having dinner together, etc etc. But retro gaming and gaming in general owns all 🙂

It would be cool if we could have a SX poker night

Hmm, probably some commercial games allow 'net play, not sure about freeware ones though, although I'll have a look-see and see if I can find anything crossplatform that will work.

all my old hobies are gone(lifting, tang so do, daily 2000 crunches, etc)

now i play guitar and try to figure out how i can get around the new school network firewall that doesn't allow anyone on the school network, that includes me since i live in an on campus apartment, to run servers. fucking pricks i pay good money for internet and tech fees and all i can do with the internet now is look at web pages and download email and also chat with aim and stuff woooooooooowhooooooooooo.

Originally posted by it290@Mar 1, 2004 @ 07:33 PM

Hmm, probably some commercial games allow 'net play, not sure about freeware ones though, although I'll have a look-see and see if I can find anything crossplatform that will work.

My friend used to play this one online. It is free.

EDIT: You have to go to the bottom of the list of rooms to get the ones that aren't playing for money.

skateboarding, paintball, pyro stuff, eating, stunt biking sometimes,watching wwe, but i mostly spend weekends skating about 9 miles to a skatepark just 4 fun, then doing mostly nothing there.

gameboy, i have a friend who is high on those RC things his sn is NitroMTman14, he wuz so pissed when his 500.00 car got ran over by a big 1.

I also enjoy looking at ~des-row and sending cloud random PMs

Originally posted by mountaindud+Mar 2, 2004 @ 01:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mountaindud @ Mar 2, 2004 @ 01:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-it290@Mar 1, 2004 @ 07:33 PM

My friend used to play this one online. It is free.

EDIT: You have to go to the bottom of the list of rooms to get the ones that aren't playing for money. [/b][/quote]

not seeing what you're talking about

Originally posted by it290@Mar 1, 2004 @ 05:42 AM

Hmm, I dug this up:

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~games/webgames/poker/index.html

looks like it only supports one game type as far as I can tell (Texas Hold 'Em), but it's free and crossplatform.

I also found another crossplatform app, but it seems to require an irc bot to work.

:lol: thats the university that I go to (University of Alberta). We should definitely get a poker ring started... even though I actually don't know how to play :blush:

---Ammut

I would definatly agree. I may not be the best, but poker is fun. I avoid actual gambling as I almost always lose my money.

Back