What PC/Mac stuff are you saving up for?

racketboy

Established Member
I'm hoping to get a DVD Burner soon.

Also planning on getting some more case fans to keep my hard drives cool.

Thinking of getting a USB hub to separate some of my cable clutter.

Not sure if it's worth the money though.

What is everyone else thinking about getting?

Heh, pegasos, nice. I'm sort of negotiating currently for an A4000 toaster/flyer system.

I'm not saving up right NOW, but when I get around to it, here's the deal:

900 MHZ G3 Processor Upgrade (350 MHZ now)

Two 512 MB RAM Chips, to bring my total up to 1 GB RAM (448 now, all four RAM Slots filled)

ATI Radeon 7000 PCI 32 MB (No AGP on me Mac... :( Rage 128 PCI 16 MB now)

Combo Drive/Super Drive (Generic CD-RW Drive now)

40, 60, or 80 GB FireWire HDD (6 GB Master and 15 GB Slave Internal currently. Total after FireWire HDD: 60 - 100 GB)

Grand Total: $400 - $600

Hmmm...I need a new power supply. 300 Watts is a little lean to be running a 9800 Pro, plus it's the loudest component in my system and I'd like to replace it with a model with a 120mm fan.

Plus one of these would look right at home in my PC case. :)

A system based around an Athlon XP 2500+ (OC'ed to 3200+) or perhaps an Athlon 64 system. :yum

Looking to maybe get a another hardrive.. maybe a 120 with the 8 meg buffer.

Then ill have plenty of space for DVD authoring.. plug ill have a spare drive to make an NTFS partition to get over that damned 4 gig file limitation <_<

Originally posted by RitualOfTheTrout@Jan 13, 2004 @ 02:16 AM

Looking to maybe get a another hardrive.. maybe a 120 with the 8 meg buffer.

Then ill have plenty of space for DVD authoring.. plug ill have a spare drive to make an NTFS partition to get over that damned 4 gig file limitation <_<

I thought I'd have enough room

But I have too many music/movies/games/tv shows on my HD to have room to do much video work on my 2 120GB HDs. :(

Waiting for 250GB to become reasonable.

Would be nice to have 1/2 a terabyte :)

Heh, the thing to do is devote one PC to fscking around and another to working. That way you won't burn through all your space so quickly.

Although on this machine, I try to save disk space by burning off nonessential media files (mostly movies) and the like as often as possible. I probably have a couple hundred CD's filled with anime and the like, which would have filled my HD long ago otherwise.

Another HD and a USB-converter to plug PS2-joypads to PC, well I'm not saving I'm spending I've already ordered it. Got 20 gig in my laptop at the moment. :blink:

Then I'll have everything I need for my pece.

Although on this machine, I try to save disk space by burning off nonessential media files (mostly movies) and the like as often as possible. I probably have a couple hundred CD's filled with anime and the like, which would have filled my HD long ago otherwise.

That's what I'm doing (with 20 gig for my LT and 30 gig on my "crap pc" you're forced too though) But I'm gonna continue burning movies off. I don't really understand people's obsession with collecting them on the HD. You watch it once or pherhaps twice if a friend comes by and hasn't seen it.

Back