What's your greatest gaming accomplishment ?

racketboy

Established Member

Share your best gaming feats here.

I would have to say mine was getting over 100 lives in Sonic 2 in the Chemical Zone (2nd one) when I first got it (long time ago). I didn't use cheats or find out from anybody how to do it
smile.gif

It was the first console game I owned -- I felt special
smile.gif

racketboy

Established Member

Originally posted by BJammzz@Jun 5, 2003 @ 10:52 PM

I can barely pass that on standard in the arcade.....I suck, hehe

I only play DDR on my DC with a controller
smile.gif
But I'm still not great

Scared0o0Rabbit

Established Member

Beating super mario world before it came out
happy.gif
;. Was 15 on a waiting list for the first shipment of SNES's to my town. They arrived early. I played super mario world for like a day and a half straight lol. Another fun one for me was in PSO.... I beat the 3rd boss at like level 13 with a ramar lol. Took over 2 hours.

Completing 'Wonderboy 3 - The Dragons Trap' on the Master System, in one go.....

Without having to get a save password too. (Thats called having faith in the stability of the Master System)

That was a pretty loooooooong day
biggrin.gif

:cheers

beating the last car on street racer(or something like that it was a drag racing game) on the commodore 64(sp?)

CrazyGoon

Established Member

Hehe-- CrazyGoon Records:

Passing Twin Cobra (NES) without loosing a continue and ending up with 5 lives when I finished the game.

Passing Shock Troopers (NeoGeo) without dying (normal difficulty)

Passing Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 (Nes) in 50 minutes without loosing a continue.

Getting a score of 1015 in the bmx game in California Games (Lynx)

Getting a score of 210878 in Tetris (Nes - The nintendo version)

Passing The Last Blade (NeoGeo) on the hardest arcade difficulty (lvl8) without loosing a match.

Passing Double Dragon 2 (Nes) without dying on 'warrior' difficulty.

Passing Battletoads & Double Dragon - The Ultimate Team (SNES) without loosing a continue.

Hmm.. no sega games in there <_<

ok: Ecco the Dolphin (MD) - Playing until you first meet the asterite, not give him his stupid ball, swimming around asterite like crazy sonar-ing saying "SPEAK TO ME!!!!!!!", the asterite speaks to me then sends me back to level 1 and promises that i'll be taken with my pod, I jump into the air, the pod gets taken, I Stay !!, i'm pissed of, so pissed of I travel all the way back to the asterite so I can give him a piece of my mind, the asterite doesn't want to speak to me. I am Stuck!
sad.gif

Well, I guess you have what it takes or you don't
smile.gif
This record is for the most things to go wrong in that game.

Myname

Established Member

Mine would probably be getting 5.3 million points in one credit on the hardest setting of Soukyugurentai and beating Bangai-O in a day..

Both gave me immense satisfaction
smile.gif

I can hardly even play Souky now since I pretty much burned myself out on it.

getting booted from a quake 2 server when i went for 17 frags straight with a rail gun
biggrin.gif
damn i was good now i stuggle with SoF2 in normal mode stupid weapons plant in siberia! Oh beating nights not dieing once, beat Sf Alpha 1(that game sux) beating it with guy at 7 stars without loosing once! i think it only had 8 i could never take bison at 8! stupid teleport psyco-crusher combo just over and over and over and over and you lose!!!!
damn.gif

racketboy

Established Member

Originally posted by Myname@Jun 6, 2003 @ 12:06 AM

Mine would probably be getting 5.3 million points in one credit on the hardest setting of Soukyugurentai and beating Bangai-O in a day..

Both gave me immense satisfaction
smile.gif

I can hardly even play Souky now since I pretty much burned myself out on it.

OH MY

I envy you -- my lack of skill on those would make you laugh

SkankinMonkey

Established Member

Max 300 Heavy: B

CSFILSM Heavy: Full Combo with 43 greats (AA BABY!!)

Exotic Ethnic Heavy: Full Combo 80 greats!

Rhythm And Police Heavy: Full Combo 73 greats (almost AA >.<)

Let's Groove Heavy: 16 greats!

Saint's Go Marching In Heavy: 1 noncombo step

Paranoia KCET/Dirty Mix/Regular/Eternal Heavy: FC

TwinBee Heavy: FC AA (40 something greats)

blah blah blah, like 20 other AA's and about 30 other FC's on heavy

i still suck :/

I managed to marathon play Shining Force and Shining Force 2 for the Genesis in a single sitting...

Took me well over a day, even using frameskip...

damn.gif

Nadius

Established Member

Getting the recorder from the biosystem labs in Phantasy Star II

Coming Back from 11-1 deficit in Ice Hockey and winning (against Finland).

When it happens, the time i'll beat the Eternal Champion. I'm long overdue to kick his ass.

edit: i just tried my luck, and he had his way with me again
sad.gif

Sonic 2's Death egg on a real genesis (no cheats/rings etc...) in under 60 seconds

Resi evil 2 in under 1h:20m using NO saves (leon A)

vbt

Staff member

above 470 000 on tetris for Game Boy (the original tetris on the first GB)

Originally posted by Nadius@Jun 6, 2003 @ 06:53 AM

When it happens, the time i'll beat the Eternal Champion. I'm long overdue to kick his ass.

edit: i just tried my luck, and he had his way with me again
sad.gif

I did manage to beat the Eternal Champion with Rax. The end secuence sucks horribly, btw.

Hmm...

• Tetrisphere - N64 - beat all CPU opponents in 2nd CPU round, vs.CPU mode, without losing a single round. I still don't know how I did it.
  • Zelda:The Wind Waker - GCN - can semi-consistently beat the Cannon mini-game in five shots, even with something covering the angle display.
  • Star Wars: Rogue Squadron - N64 - 15 out of 16 Golds (would've had the last but saves lost)
  • The House of the Dead - Saturn - got to Magician Type 0 without losing a single continue, but the game screwed up right at the start of the fight; it's a patched J game and I don't have an AR yet
  • Zelda:A Link to the Past - GBA - 0 deaths, in 3 hours.
  • DOOM - PC - Ultra-Violence, never died, all the way through Episode 3; didn't have Ultimate yet so no ep4
  • Tony Hawk 3 - GCN - ~3.6 Million in one combo
  • Quake3 - PC - Won five deathmatches in a row on 56k. ~250 ping against 30-60 LPB's. Like Tetrisphere, I still don't know how it happened.
  • StarFox 64 - N64 - All medals, Normal and Expert.
  • Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - GCN - 174 Emblems. Damn Rouge and Knuckles. Hate them.
  • F-Zero Maximum Velocity - GBA - Managed a pretty damn good time in the Championship Circuit, but damned if I can remember it exactly. Somewhere around 1:35:00 though.

Myname

Established Member

Originally posted by Tagrineth@Jun 8, 2003 @ 07:49 AM

[*]Sonic Adventure 2: Battle - GCN - 174 Emblems. Damn Rouge and Knuckles. Hate them.

I think I got to about 165 and started getting pissed off with it.

I've got to add a 21 Burnout chain on Burnout 2 to my list. Not that great an accomplishment, but I only did it ten minutes ago so I'm feeling pleased with myself
biggrin.gif