Where to upload files?

Shitface

Established Member
I have a bunch of Sega Commercials to upload. 40 total. Mostley japanese ones, but great ones. Some of Saturn, some Dreamcast, and a couple xbox, and ps2 ones. I will zip them all together. How do you guys want me to send them to you?

shitface if you wouldn't mind could you upload em to my ftp? I would love to have those? thanks.

Am I the only one that finds putting video files in .ZIP and .RAR files utter useless? Often it only removes a max of 5% of the file size, unless you use a codec with really poor compression, and even so the compression ratio is still low.

Zip it, rar it, then zip it again for maximum efficiency.

Actually, all jokes aside, M3d10n is right. Compressing an already compressed format does not help too much.

Yeah, but to get that 5% you need to use real shitty (read: low compression) codecs. That means a 190MB RAR file for a 200MB video that lasts two minutes at best.

RAR-ing MPEG-derived format files ususally removes a few kilobytes, and I've seen cases where the compressed file was acutally a few bytes bigger than the video file inside it. That's because those formats leave nearly nothing an external lossless compressor can work with.

Of course, if you RAR RAW video that contains little to no movement (like a slide show, or a screen captured tutorial of someone using MS Excel), the compression will skyrocket to over 90%. But that's hardly the case with TV ads.

Hey, The files are about 150 mb together, i think. I just put them in one .rar file to put them all together, but not to compress them.

Stack, i can upload them to your ftp, no problem.

Back