Where were you on September 11, 2001?

In 1st period (Pre-Algebra), Freshman year of high school.

It was 2nd Period (CAD), that the buildings fell.

Call me cold hearted, but I watched the bulidings fall, shrugged, and went back to talking to my friend Mike.

I was in the 4th grade when 9/11 happened. I kept sayin World Federation insted of World Trade. :) Star Wars Ep.1 I was 11 or 10.

you two just go to show how desensitized this generation is.

I was fairly shocked. Stunned I guess is a better word.

After the first plane hit, I didn't think TOO much since I figured it was an accident, but after everyone pieced together what was going on, it was rather freaky.

I got to school and people where all talkin about sumthin happenin and I didn't know for sure. When I got to first period (driver's ed) my teacher told us about it, at first I thought it was an accident, but then more hit and shit and that led to confusion. I wasn't shocked until I actually seen what went on and understood it all. Until thene it was mostly confusion.

I was going for a swim, and heard people talking about it. I went to my crappy Spanish class and we watched the news coverage of the event.

I go to school in downtown brooklyn, the towers were visible from certain streets. I was in programming lab, and it was initially announced that one of the towers were bombed. They decided to evacuate the school, and my CS professor REFUSED. He told us to sit down and program, but no one listened. Then someone said a plane accidently hit the towers, and everyone was like WTF. When they announced that a second plane hit, everyone knew it was an attack.

I was asleep. It was not until I got ready to go to work an hour or two later that I realized what had happened. I was surprised, but not all that shocked... I don't think anyone realized the implications of the event until at least a month or two later.

I was at home sleeping on break when people kept calling me waking me up telling me what happened . I woke up and turned on the tv and also was shocked after seeing the second crash .

For whatever reason I skipped college that morning and was watching TV, when the broadcast was interrupted to show the news. The first tower was in flames and they suggested an accident. Shortly I could see the 2nd plane passing behind the buildings, before it hit the 2nd tower and tough "WTF is wrong with their air trafic control over there? I din't know they let planes pass that close to the towers..." and then the 2nd crash happened right before my eyes. Then it became obvious.

It was rather shocking seeing those hug planes fly into the buildings, and seeing them collapse that easily. It was like a movie, but live and real. All filmmakers were wrong when they decipted the magnitude of such kinda disaster... it was much, much more terrible than any fiction ever showed.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Sep 12, 2004 @ 01:22 AM

It was rather shocking seeing those hug planes fly into the buildings, and seeing them collapse that easily. It was like a movie, but live and real. All filmmakers were wrong when they decipted the magnitude of such kinda disaster... it was much, much more terrible than any fiction ever showed.

Agreed. I was at school at the time, and I was more confused than anything. We didn't get the real scoop until after we got out. When I found out they went down, I was shocked. Those buildings were meant to withstand that kind of impact! What I didn't know is that both flights were full of fuel, cross country flights. The steel eventually melted and the buildings gave way. When I saw the footage, I was shocked again, and greatly disturbed. I watched it and realized there were lots of people burning to death, suffocating, plummeting to their death out of windows, being crushed to death. Unlike Cloud, I can't help but feel deeply moved by such a realization, seeing it all in my mind and on the TV. Imagine the desperation of people trapped, unable to escape. It's real, not a movie. That goes beyond "generational desensitization", that's just an insensitive person.

I was at work when I heard the first plane had hit. Figured it was an accident. After the second plane hit figured something was wrong. Stayed at worked and listened to the radio, then headed to Sears on my lunch break to watch some of the news. Came back from lunch and got pissed at my boss for making stupid remarks about the people dying and gave him an attitude. Told him to go F himself and quit my job at the end of the day. He died of brain cancer a little over a year after, the bastard. :hehehe:

Originally posted by Alexvrb@Sep 11, 2004 @ 06:45 PM

Those buildings were meant to withstand that kind of impact!

No, your wrong. They were made to withstand a Fire for 2 hours(I think) and they did just that.

Originally posted by link343@Sep 12, 2004 @ 01:52 AM

No, your wrong. They were made to withstand a Fire for 2 hours(I think) and they did just that.

Did you read the other sentences around that? If the planes didn't have all that fuel, the fire wouldn't have burned for so long, wouldn't have been as fierce or as hot. The steel may have held, the buildings may have held, at least for a longer period of time. Think about it, check it out.

I was locked up when it happen. ANd the people in charge werent sure if they were gonna tell us what happend. You could see this look on there faces......and some of the people in charge were crying and i had no clue why. But then finally they were told us what happen.....and they were all crying....and it was pretty scary. They made it seem like there was gonna be this all out attack on americans everywhere.....so i was hoping the people would come attack the center i was locked up in so i could go free! We werent alowed to watch tv..read newpapers..or listen to the radio...so it sucked cause we were all left only knwing what the peole told us.

I was in class, and the professor just notified us of it. When i reached home and saw it all on TV, it was scary/strange.

trecheroustara - if you do not mind me asking you, why were you incarcerated?

At home pissed that i couldnt get in the truck that day to run another trip north... i drove truck at the time and manhattan was were most our business went.

Poor tara all locked up.... T.T

Back