Which 3DO?

I have a question. Pretty soon, I am going to be buying a 3DO off of eBay. But which one should I get, the Panasonic FZ-1, Panasonic FZ-10, or the Goldstar one. Any help will be appreciated.

The only 3DO you can get the VCD adapter for is the Goldstar model.

Panasonic released a VCD adapter in EXTREMELY limited quantities in Japan only.

If gameplay is all you are after then go with the FZ-1, that mother is a tank and is the best one produced.

If you plan on watching VCD's then you have really no choice other than the Goldstar. This is the model I have and that's what I mainly use it for, watching VCD's. It's not as crappy as everyone makes it out to be.

Hope this helps!

Nope your wrong again VCD adapter was sold in America and slightly common . had a couple of them for sale at the Software Ect $99 with total recall . It wasnt an import , and that branch never sold imports .

Whats so cool about vcd anyways ...there vhs quality .

Most have a crappy transfer job too making it even worse .

Becarfull because theres some many different standards of video cd floating out there today that wont play in a true player . Theres so many other ways to watch VCD besides 3d0 .(tons)

Dreamcast / playstation / computer / dvd players ect

Alot of asian psx's come standard with one built in even

Heck ive seen an adapter plugs that into any standard cd player . Cdi played vcds to

only some cdis play the vcds

either that or they have a similar addon card, i know mine cant either way

not that im that bothered since i usually play them on my dvd player anyway,

the dc option is dreadful quality btw, since its all software decoding, i gather all the saturn/psx etc ones are considerabley better due to being hardware decoders

vcds are good since you can watch mpeg video files without having to sit at your pc to do so (theres various purposes why youd wish to do so, usually because your either too cheap or cant wait to watch something which isnt released where you live but can sourse it from one of the many file sharing networks around (think movies))

yes the cdi needed an aditional chip if you got the less expensive model .

Also yeah I see alot of web sights with vcds for $6 usd a movie that is cheap .

One final thought the one that said it hook up to a portable cd player was like $30 with a remote

Quote: from Xavier on 4:26 pm on Feb. 17, 2002

Nope your wrong again VCD adapter was sold in America and slightly common . had a couple of them for sale at the Software Ect $99 with total recall . It wasnt an import , and that branch never sold imports .

So uh, care to tell us where you can find the slightly common VCD adapters for the Panasonic models? Come now, don't be shy....

It bothers you when somebody presses you for the knowledge that you claim to have? Weak man, real weak.

Look, plain and simple, Panasonic did not ever release there VCD adapter for their 3DO outside of Japan. Even in Japan is was released in very small numbers, more of an afterthought type of behavior.

You show me a place where one can be found, including ebay and I'll eat my words gladly. Straight to the point I have looked for one for years and NEVER found one.

(Edited by Big at 1:41 pm on Feb. 23, 2002)

god your a tard

ill paste what i wrote above

Software ect was a store out here

There also used to be a store out here called incredible universe that had some for sale and about 10 vcds for it as well...crappy ones though like Carrie and Xmen cartoon .

>>>The only 3DO you can get the VCD adapter for is the Goldstar model. Panasonic released a VCD adapter in EXTREMELY limited quantities in Japan only. >>>>

Oh now your changing your story ?

O I C what your saying now and next.....

"well later I said THEIR"

Even if thats what you meant thats not what you said in the first place .

>>>Look, plain and simple, Panasonic did not ever release there VCD adapter for their 3DO outside of Japan. Even in Japan is was released in very small numbers, more of an afterthought type of behavior. >>>

<<<I still think you're confusing yourself with the VCD adapter for the Goldstar unit. >>>...no im confing what you said in the first post

I believe even if they werent for the fz model or whatever they were still produced in some fashion from panasonic . The box to the ones I saw new said panasonic on them .

i found a picture of one it says panasonic all over it .

So you mean made by panasonic ...for the panasonic xxx and xxx models, if you said that all together in one sentence or in one post then your right .

Now i believe thats what you meant but the way you said it made it seem like even the ones for goldstar were rare and sold in japan only .

heres another way you can clarify yourself better in the future ,

By simply starting and new paragraph and adding the word now ....

Now , Panasonic released a VCD adapter in EXTREMELY limited quantities in Japan only. >>>>

Starting a new paragraph or line expresses a new thought in the english langauge

or even adding a few key words and a new paragraph / line makes what your saying even clearer....

Now , Panasonic did release a VCD adapter in EXTREMELY limited quantities in Japan for its XXX and xxx models but , they... >>>>

You see in the english langauge the last word or two or in a sentence...even the in the next one can change its meaning to = an incorrect statement with correct grammar .

The only 3DO you can get the VCD adapter for is the Goldstar model. = TRUE

The only 3DO you can get the VCD adapter for is the Goldstar model.(+) Panasonic released a VCD adapter in EXTREMELY limited quantities in Japan only. = FALSE

Im sure that on this planet theres sombody who would read that statement the same way i would

I really don't think this deserves a reply but....what the fuck? What is this an english lesson?

Apparently you were the only one confused by my post.

I dont normally reply to such crazy posts but I gotta say I live near a sofware etc, and have been buying games there forever....and I bought my Panasonic FZ-1 there for 700 bucks...I remember my 3DO days well... :) There was NEVER a Panasonic (USA) VCD Addon ONLY a Goldstar VCD addon...Panasonic did release a rare amount in Japan and they look like cards that would go in your pc, NO plastic cover or anyting...at least thats how my friends looked....I wanted it, but its best to just get the Goldstar system if you want the VCD addon, its wayyyy easier to find. But if you want a really good stable system get the FZ-1, on the other hand if you want the RARE one get the Sanyo IMP-21J, its totally different than all the others and really plays ALL my backups just as well as any other 3DO. and the cool thing about this 3DO is when you eject the tray the laser and spindle are in the tray that comes out and you pop the cd in it like a PSX and as you hit the close button it starts spinning the cd and reading it as it closes .....really cool Sanyo screen pops up and has differnet screen and effects on regular cds....It also has all the expansion slots and it *might* work with the others vcd cards but its doubtfull, oh well its cool as #### looking also....But it is a fact that Sanyo did NOT make VCD cards for it as well....so its only Goldstar VCD cards here in USA. Oh and Panasonic FZ-10 made NO VCD Cards Here in usa OR in Japan....or so that what im told.

Back to the original question, get the FZ-1. There's nothing wrong with the Goldstar (I used to own one), but the build quality of the Panasonic is better, and the Goldstar lacks the S-video output of the Panasonic. Well, the PAL one does anyway.

Do you have an S-Video capable TV, first of all? If not, than I wouldn't worry about it. I want to get a Goldstar mainly because the Panasonic 3DOs I used always seemed to radiate more heat than the surface of the sun.

Yeah I use S-Video for most of my connections. I do have to put my 3DO on hold for a little while, because my computer is in desperate need of fixing and to buy the parts for it will cost at least a couple hundred dollars and I'm not the richest person in the world. But once this whole fiasco is over I'm going on eBay and I've decided, I'm going to get the FZ-1. Thank you all for your help in my little dilema here.

Back