Which Saturn games should I get first?

I'm thinking about buying some of the rare/expensive Saturn games and was wondering which I should get first. Also...is it worth it to buy them?

Anyway...here are the ones I'm looking to get first:

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Dragon Force

Guardian Heroes

Christmas NiGHTS

Shining Force III

My question is, which order should I get these in? Also...I have burned copies of each game, so is it worth my money to even get them?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Jayy18@Wed, 2004-12-29 @ 12:12 AM

I'm thinking about buying some of the rare/expensive Saturn games and was wondering which I should get first. Also...is it worth it to buy them?

Anyway...here are the ones I'm looking to get first:

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Dragon Force

Guardian Heroes

Christmas NiGHTS

Shining Force III

My question is, which order should I get these in? Also...I have burned copies of each game, so is it worth my money to even get them?

Thanks.

[post=126662]Quoted post[/post]​

Have you thought about getting regular Nights? after all, it's a full game.

If you have the burned copies already, I would buy which ever ones you enjoy the most.

Personally I would go for Nights and Shining Force III first.

Nights is really cheap.

I have NiGHTS and I love it. That i why I want X-Mas NiGHTS. So I'll probably try to get that one first. I just got Dragon Force with the official Dragon Force memory card for $50 (no manual though :( ) So I'll go for X-Mas NiGHTS and I really want Panzer Dragoon Saga. Is PDS worth what I would have to pay to get it?

For most retro games, you're mostly paying for them as a collectors' item more than anything else. The value doesn't necessarily indicate the how good the game is.

PDS is pretty overpriced though -- it's not as rare as some people would have you believe. Same goes for Radiant Silvergun

Guardian Heroes can be found fairly cheaply and is a really great game.. it gets more playtime than almost all of my other Saturn games. I would suggest you pick that up first. After that, SFIII would be my next pick.

Originally posted by Jayy18@Wed, 2004-12-29 @ 08:24 PM

So what would be a fair price to pay for PDS in your opinion?

[post=126720]Quoted post[/post]​

What I think is a fair price ($75) isn't what you will most likely find it for.

But $125 shipped for a mint copy might be realistic

Originally posted by Jayy18+Tue, 2004-12-28 @ 07:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jayy18 @ Tue, 2004-12-28 @ 07:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>My question is, which order should I get these in?

[/b]

Well, as racketboy said, buy whichever ones you like the most first. If you like them all equally, you could buy the cheapest first and expensive last.

<!--QuoteBegin-Jayy18
@Tue, 2004-12-28 @ 07:12 PM

Also...I have burned copies of each game, so is it worth my money to even get them?

[/quote]

Your motiv for replacing your copies could be:

a.) Wanting the case, manual and cd art.

b.) Wanting to own a legit copy, rather than an illegitimate copy

The worth depends on how strong your motiv is. All games cost money, and as racketboy said, the price you will be paying (for most of those games) will be steep, since they are mainly targeted at collectors. Save up some money, keep your eyes open for the best deals, and snag them when the time is right.

The power is yours!

Attachments

• cap1.jpg
    cap1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 131
  • cap1.jpg
    cap1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 126
  • cap1.jpg
    cap1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 130
  • cap1.jpg