Which SEGA logo animation

Nadius

Established Member
You know how they usually have those sometimes funny Sega logo animations when you boot the game? Which do you consider to be your favorite?

Myself, I'm leaning towards Larcen's variation on Eternal Champions.

I assume you're talking about just the Genesis animations?

when I saw the topic I thought maybe you meant like Saturn vs. Dreamcast logos

On Genesis it'd have to be the good old sonic ones where he runs past the logo-just classic.

I really like the dreamcast startup but I doubt that's what you're talking about.

---Ammut

i quite like the intro from taz-mania. where taz picks up a letter of sega and eats it then pats his belly. yum yum
biggrin.gif

the interactive logo of vectorman was nice too.

I'd have to agree with several of the replies and go with either the sweet and eire logo scene of Chakan : The Forever Man, or the interactive Vectorman 1 logo, where you could shoot the hidden TV in the upper right hand corner and get the super-blast and make the lights go out completely on the sega without just shooting it.

Been breaking out the genesis a lot lately, great to see some similar advertising now days to that of the Genesis day's by Sega.

Originally posted by crystalmethod@Nov. 18 2002, 8:10 pm

I'm gonna have to go with the vectorman one too, you guys all know that was a code right?

Code for what? What does it do?

IIRC, you have to get underneath it and hit it a certain amount of times, then some stuff will fall from the sky. You have to catch all of them and you get something, I'm not sure if it's invincibility or infinite lives or something.

Oh! Have you guys scene the one for panic?LOL...i thought that one was funny even though it was for Sega CD.

Just wanted to clarify my code...I knew I had it mixed up....from Gamefaqs.com:

When you turn on the game you can move Vectorman around, on the SEGA screen. Shoot the SEGA logo 24 times, jump and hit the sega logo with Vectorman's Head 12 times, and the letters S E G and A will start falling. Catch 90 to 110 letters to start on Stage 5, catch over 110 letters to start on Day 10.

There you have it.....

Oh and I found one more, in case anyone cares....

At the SEGA screen, move Vectorman slightly to the right of the logo. Aim upwards and shoot. There is a hidden T.V. monitor there. Once it is broken, there will be an orb power up. Grab it and when you use it, the SEGA logo will go dark and the background will stop moving.

Apparently this "blow's up the SEGA logo....

If I remember right, the Ren and Stimpy one was pretty cool.

Why can't games have good intros like that anymore?

What would be cool is if we could have some actual animations on SX :)

Originally posted by gameboy900@Jun 26, 2004 @ 08:57 PM

Earthworm Jim

Oh, i freakin love earthworm jim 1 and 2 Sega intros. Not to mention those games were my favorite as a child and still are now.

I also kind of liked Boogerman's intro where he either pushed or farted/flew the sega logo together, then threw boogers at the screen.

Vectorman was great to. I cant remember to many other good ones, because i cant remember to many of the games. Its been a while.

For voiced intros, nothing beats Magical Taruruto-kun and it's evil cuteness :)

"Seh Gah!"

--EDIT--

But I nearly forgot. Pulseman's is damn cool. Screen starts with static, and the sega logo (all black) forms from the static, then red lights "circuit" it and it becomes visible.

I used to rent this game a *lot* back when I was a kid. I had a lot of luck that the nearby store had it.

No doubt, for me it's:

Comix Zone-- I LOVED the Elvis-like voice saying "Seeegaaa".

Any Sonic game-- Gotta love the classic running.

Vectorman-- This probably tops my list. The interaction, the hidden power-up, the code, and it's just plain cool. The best introduction ever.

Back