White SS Desk unit collection price?

Cecilia Chen

Ban Hammered
Hi friends!

I was wondering if some people who were experienced in all things SS could tell me how much my system should be appraised at if I were to sell it?

I have a White SS unit, 2 Wireless White Sega brand gamepads, 1 White keyboard, 1 White Mouse, 1 Gray modem (For White SS), 1 White HD Disk Drive, 2 regular White game pads, 2 White offical Sega Memory modules, 1 White Chinese Multi-RAM Expantion Card, 1 JVC Victor 3.0 Video Disk Card, Several binders worth of Japanese/Chinese games, and some other little things and accesories.

Everything is pretty much factory quality, and I have it like a computer on my desk which shares my white flat screen with my computer. I suppose girls like to keep their things nice and neat and organized. It helps when your doing homework, or studying :)

Thanks a bunch,

Cec,

(Edited by Cecilia Chen at 4:41 pm on Dec. 2, 2001)

Hi,

If you still use it, don't sell. And even if you did consider selling it, make sure some guy dosn't take advantage of you. Otherwise he might cheat you. One of my cousins has a SS setup like yours, and it does look pretty sharp. I mean if everything is still white, and clean. Makes your desk look very high-tech and its like having another PC built into your regular one.

Oh ya, and in case your curious what I have on my desk Cec, I have a Clear SS System, with 2 Clear SS Pads, Clear Offical 4MB Ram card, Clear Chinese memory card (8 Megs), JVC Twin Operator VCD Card, and a few binders of HK Disks/Jap Disks, ect.

Almost the same as yours, except you have white, and I have clear. I don't have a white computer, I have a clear one so it matches better.

Cheers all!

(Edited by Trenton_net at 11:21 pm on Dec. 2, 2001)

(Edited by Trenton_net at 11:23 pm on Dec. 2, 2001)

WOW! Thats some rig you have their. Mine is very pitiful compared to that. I wana get a clear casing for my saturn, but I can't ever seem to find anywhere that sells them :(. If you are selling that rig you have, it should be worth several hundread dollars, and if you have many good games Like Pazer Dragoon Saga and Radiant Silvergun, maybe even getting near a $1000 in value. Very nice.

Does your area have a China Town or something? I think most Chinese electronic stores sell them. The last time I checked the game shop near me had them for $70 (HK Ready), which includes 2 matching pads, Chinese Ram Card, and some HK Disks of your choice. Well I should say most of the time they throw the free HK Disks. Of course as with most Chinese stores, there is no tax if you pay with cash.

Just be careful, I think most stores gauge foreigners with crazy pricing. I think a good example is Lik-Sang.com. I guess they figure most people wouldn't be able to go anywhere else so they jack the prices up a bit. But I do know a lot of that stuff from HK is common, and you can get them much cheaper than that.

Oh quite late though. I do have a complete system but in Black, er I know very common. But I have the following components:

Black Saturn Oval Buttons Modded

Net Link Modem 28.8

Net Link Mouse

Net Link Keyboard adaptor

Sega Logo PS2 Keyboard from my TerraDrive(386)

2 Multi-Taps & 12 Pads (Best for Bomberman 10Plyr)

2 3DAnalog Pads (Black/White)

3 Virtua Cops Guns (Black/Orange/Blue)

KOF95~KOF97 + Special Edition Combo w/ memory cart

Marvel Vs Street Fighter & Transparent 4M Cart

Final Fight Revenge & 4M cart

ST Key

Datel Action Replay

Sega Dual Remote control

Sega 2Plyr Arcade Controller HSS-0130

Sega Virtua Wheel

Sega Virtual On controller

& case logic 256 CD binders of Orignal (mostly) and mixed silver disks

50% Original Jap All in boxes complete/ some are US

40% Original US All in boxes complete/ some are Jap

10% Silver Discs All in Boxes complete / some are mixed

I think I have every game in exsistance but Euro games

How much would I get for this whole system?

and I could show a pic if I could get any gesture from show & tell. I live in Canada & I been collecting Sega Stuff from Sega 1000.

I'm not trying to sell but just to get a rough value to put in my will.

Quote: from SegaFTP on 4:47 pm on Dec. 7, 2001

Oh quite late though. I do have a complete system but in Black, er I know very common. But I have the following components:

Black Saturn Oval Buttons Modded

Net Link Modem 28.8

Net Link Mouse

Net Link Keyboard adaptor

Sega Logo PS2 Keyboard from my TerraDrive(386)

2 Multi-Taps & 12 Pads (Best for Bomberman 10Plyr)

2 3DAnalog Pads (Black/White)

3 Virtua Cops Guns (Black/Orange/Blue)

KOF95~KOF97 + Special Edition Combo w/ memory cart

Marvel Vs Street Fighter & Transparent 4M Cart

Final Fight Revenge & 4M cart

ST Key

Datel Action Replay

Sega Dual Remote control

Sega 2Plyr Arcade Controller HSS-0130

Sega Virtua Wheel

Sega Virtual On controller

& case logic 256 CD binders of Orignal (mostly) and mixed silver disks

50% Original Jap All in boxes complete/ some are US

40% Original US All in boxes complete/ some are Jap

10% Silver Discs All in Boxes complete / some are mixed

I think I have every game in exsistance but Euro games

How much would I get for this whole system?

and I could show a pic if I could get any gesture from show & tell. I live in Canada & I been collecting Sega Stuff from Sega 1000.

I'm not trying to sell but just to get a rough value to put in my will.

PLEASE!! SHOW A PIC PLEASE!!!!!

Although im sure you have alot of games, I doubt anyone has them all. I have quite alot since Pirate disks are so cheap, but even I don't have them all.

I don't collect UK/US games because most of them are just poor in quality. So practicly all my games are HK/JAP/CN, and they all are chinese silvers.

I have too many to write by far, and I don't even look at game lists anymore because I already have 98% of them, catagorized, in binders, with the inserts/covers showing what each disk is.

In a funny way, I suppose I could open my own pirate store :)

Heh, ya... Chinese silvers are so darn cheap! I have loads and loads of asian games I got over the years from local Game Shops.

In comparison, it makes the game lists in the FTP section look like an absolute joke. I'd start an FTP since I have a new server with 180GB of space, but I calculated it, and even then with such capacity, I can only have maybe 200 to 300 SS games max.

actually taking the average size of a saturn game (around 350mb when compressed with winrar) id say you could have around 500 games on that much space (depends on the actual games obvously)

the problem then is your connection though probabbly wont be able to cope with all the people wanting those games at the same time

Yes, that bandwith stuff too. I'd get too many people who would just want to rape the server for "warez" since they JUST bought a saturn when they found about about free games on the net.

In fact, its probably better this way. That way they spend all their money for nothing, and the rest of us who always been around can enjoy the games we already have. Heh, so ya, if they are looking for some rare Asn/Jap/CN games, they can just find it themselves, or buy it.

I suppose there are a few ISO places left on the net, but they all release the same general crap that they downloaded when they said "Saturn has free warez on the net! im gonna get a saturn!".

PS: I absolutly hate people who say they'v been doing this for a long time, but then come online and ask stupid dumb ass questions like "So can I get an external mod that plugs in! No? How about a boot disk like DC??? " Them PSX fanboys with their external mod swaping crap.

(Edited by Trenton_net at 1:20 pm on Dec. 9, 2001)

Amen! I'v stopped writing alot of msg posts because of such people! Some topics I don't even bother dignifying with a responce:

1. "I just downloaded some games, but what are the ways I can play CD-R Backups?"

2. "I just got an emulator, where can I get Saturn Roms?" (yes, they even didn't say ISO, they said ROMS!?!?).

3. "I just got a Pro-action replay! How do I enabled the CD-R Function?" (This is not a #### PSX disk swap cart!)

4. "I want to get a modchip, where can I get one?"

(Its MOD BOARD you PSX warez kiddey).

5. "This port in the back, I can get a External mod chip/game cheat device for it right? Where can I buy it?"

(thats a VCD port dammit!!!!!).

6. "I can't seem to burn my game! I tryed to read all the walkthroughs and FAQs here, but I can't seem to open it right, so I need someone to help me!!!" (You mean to say you can't view HTML or open a word document? Or do you realy mean: I didn't read them, I just lied so I can get some quick fix without being flamed so I can play my warez as quick as possible!.

Ect. ect ect ect...

Its just stupid to even write back. I don't since doing so only makes more people come with dumb questions. Expecialy since the topic has come and gone more times than the sun and the moon!

Yeah, it's amazing how many people, post-Dreamcast, seem to think that every copy protection system ever made must take almost no effort to circumvent.

To Cecilia Chen :

How could you be so certain you have 98% of the games for the Saturn? I used have 3 locations in Hong Kong: A) Sham Shui Po b) Mong Kok c) Causeway Bay that had Original Games as well as Silver discs. I Don't think I That I've missed a game that was released. Friends from Japan also send me Stuff via Express and used BBS's to get them to me. You state that you have all of those nice games indexed with pictures and in binders for safe keeping, well good for you. But I still have thousands stashed away someone in Hong Kong in Crates.Doubting is ok but it doesn't mean that you got some stuff means you'll can be king. I still envy your White Saturn Collection but I Have most of the too from Sega. check out my friends store at www.goldenshop.com.hk under collection: Those are what I have to offer but I don't use my name there. As for answers to you questions: Yes I have a Bios for your emu but 80% don't work. Mode chip is either use the swap trick or go to Lik-Sang.com and get one for $20 quite easy to install. How to burn CDR of saturn please use EasyCD95 which is the best and follow the Faq, BTW your white Saturn is Japanese mode, use satconv to chage it to Japanese mode or Use a ST key to play. If you would like more instruction you can email me at alanyau@hotmail.com you can use Chinese Tradition so I know who it is. (If you know Chinese Though). For all you friends out there: This is not an offer for any ISO's Only Cecilia Chen can send me a message regarding this post any other's will be ignored. I'll post some pics soon.

Hi SegaFTP,

No, I didn't mean it that way. I ment to say that no one has every single SS game. Im sure you and others come very close, but you said "I think I have every game in exsistance", so I just pointed out that its practicly impossible to say something like that :)

Is english your first or second language? Im sorry, next time I will try even harder to be clear.

ExCyber: Thats so funny! I bet if there was a new lock for houses, people trying to rob it would say "So where do I put the boot disk!?" :)

PS: Your friend is the one who runs www.goldenshop.com.hk!? Hmm, I never shopped there (On-line I mean) because of the odd ordering process, but for most things going in person is better anyways.

Xie Xie,

Cec,

(Edited by Cecilia Chen at 3:54 pm on Dec. 9, 2001)

(Edited by Cecilia Chen at 10:10 pm on Dec. 9, 2001)

Back