Who bought Panzer Dragoon Orta?

I don't have an Xbox yet, but I think this game will force me to get one. Maybe I'll get one of those bundles with JSRF and Sega GT 2002 and buy PDO with it. Too bad there's so little other good games for Xbox, I hope it'll get more Sega games soon
smile.gif

I was going to get it today, but then I realized that I have finals tommorow, and I don't want to have any major distractions.

I just picked up my copy along with the soundtrack. I was able to play a little bit during my lunch break...it's good!

If you've played the demo, you can appreciate the work they've put into it. Everything's been tweaked and plays great. It's also much harder!

Go get it!

I dont have an X Box but im hogging my brother in laws X Box to play the game. I love the game its a definate throw back to the saturn games.

What style is Orta in? Is it the 'Panzer Saga' style (roaming around find enemies) or the 'Panzer Zwei' style (having enemies attacking you, no matter what) ???

Coz, if its in the 'Saga' style, the game will definately be on top of my shopping list... But if its in 'Panzer Zwei' style, it might come a bit lower on my list (after Unreal 2 and Sim City 4).

The game is more the first game and Zwei's style with a lot more add-ins. For example, you have a "Glide" move that allows you to attack enemies from the side, front, or from behind. (this strategy is particular to the boss in stage 2) Also, you can change between 3 different dragon forms on the fly; one is balanced, one is faster and quicker to take down projectiles, and the third is the most powerful yet more apt to get hit by incoming flak.

The game does incorporate few elements of PDS here and there, but only in blasting hordes of enemies and bosses. The game is excellent!! Also, a full version of the original "Panzer Dragoon" is unlockable and has slightly updated graphics and is more like the PC counterpart. There is a whole slew of other things that are unlockable as well. Get the game; you won't be disappointed.

I went to get myself a copy yesterday, but all my local stores (wallmart, target, kmart) had had their shipments of the game delayed until next month
sad.gif

Somthing id like to ask, what do you all think of the music in the game? Ive read in multiple reviews that whle the game is beutiful, and a worthy sequel to pd1 and pdz in the gameplay department, but the music is lousy in comparison. Is it true? Is the music (a thing that always helped set them apart from other games) half-ass'd this time arround?

The music is similar to Zwei more than the first game's or PDS' music. I have noticed that it is quieter coming through my tv speakers though. I should hook up the Dolby 5.1 audio and try it on a nice surround system to scrutinize it further. The music is recognizable as being "Panzer Dragoon" though and it adds to the mood quite well. I have no complaints, but it still seems quiet; it is probably just the way I have the audio setting set up. Who knows?

Originally posted by Fabrizo@Jan. 16 2003, 10:47 am

I went to get myself a copy yesterday, but all my local stores (wallmart, target, kmart) had had their shipments of the game delayed until next month
sad.gif

Somthing id like to ask, what do you all think of the music in the game? Ive read in multiple reviews that whle the game is beutiful, and a worthy sequel to pd1 and pdz in the gameplay department, but the music is lousy in comparison. Is it true? Is the music (a thing that always helped set them apart from other games) half-ass'd this time arround?

did you try any Gamestop/Funco stores?

got it today, awesome game... purely beautiful a must get for any sega fan, anywhere... a great game...

-----------------------------------------------------------

SEGA!!!!!!!!!!

Woowee, lemme tell you, this game is challenging! Is it me or did they turn up the heat this time around. PD and PDZ were tough, but this game's really aching my hand! Of course, I'm using the biggie xbox controller... Are the controller-s's worth getting?

YES! The regular X-Box controllers are horrable! the S-type is actually one of my fave controllers. Not as comfy as the GCN one but I like the button layout and stuff better. Trust me, go buy one.

HEY GUYS IT'S ME! *wait's for applause and ass-kissing* I been away for a while but now I'm back and damn this game is great. I only got about 20 minutes it but I think I creamed my jeans watching those cutscenes because they are just beautful. Mostly though it really gives you that feeling of 1337ness because you know that most other people who got this game are like 11 years old and have no idea it's a sequal to an already outstanding series. So uh how's everyone progressing so far in the game?

I got the game the day it hit stores in the US (1/15) and the game has definately met my expectations and perhaps exceeded them. I've been a longtime fan of the series, and I have all the Saturn games, and this game holds true to the first 3.

I've beaten it on easy, and I'm currently working on beating it in normal mode. I have to say that the original Panzer Dragoon in the Xbox version is identical to its original Saturn version in every way, pop-up and all, although the resolution may have been increased. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that Sega actually created a Saturn emulator for the Xbox, and just dumped the original Saturn game onto the disc... Of course, I could be mistaken, but it's just a thought.

As for Orta itself, I like the addition of the speeding up and slowing down, dragon morphing & leveling up, and I particularly like the aspect of swinging around to a boss' weak side, a gameplay element they took straight out of SAGA (which is one of my fave games of all time, and a truly innovative and different RPG).

Now if only Smilebit would create another Panzer Dragoon RPG, we'd all be in heaven...

Back