Who's going to see Spider-Man 2 tonight?

probably won't catch it till next weekend.

This weekend is my anniversary and my wife and I are going to the Redwoods for the holiday weekend.

I may catch it on Thursday. I wasn't interested until I heard they fixed many of the things I had issues with in the original. I didn't care for the original.

I really like the original the first few times I watched it -- especially in the theatre.

After you've watched it a few times though it gets a little old and the cheesyness starts to show.

A bunch of my friends are going tonight, but not me. I'll see it tomorrow night right after I get out of work. Looks good.

Hmm, did they change the infamous 'web-shootin' hand'?

i didn't really like the web shooting thing. That was out of nowhere.

Originally posted by it290@Jun 29, 2004 @ 05:41 PM

Hmm, did they change the infamous 'web-shootin' hand'?

The Spider-Man in the Spider-Man 2099 comic series shoots web from his hand, I believe. No need for web fluid cartridges. :lol:

Yeah, and I believe that there are other various manifestations of Spider-Man that do shoot web right out of his hand.

Anyway, I'm going to see it. It looks pretty decent, but Doc Oc. was never one of my favorites. I think that venom, while probably difficult to animate, would be awesome in a Spider-Man movie.

Ok, who saw the midnight showing? 🙂

Originally posted by Gallstaff@Jun 29, 2004 @ 07:36 PM

Anyway, I'm going to see it. It looks pretty decent, but Doc Oc. was never one of my favorites. I think that venom, while probably difficult to animate, would be awesome in a Spider-Man movie.

:agree Venom and Carnage would rock.

I can't see this movie, despite my desire to.

Ever since the movie studio execs decided to ink a deal with major league baseball to put the spiderman 2 logo on the bases, pitching rubber, and on-deck circles at every single stadium for an entire weekend... I'm sorry, but that's just past the boundaries of good taste. The sports world turned out en masse and got mlb to can the deal, but the mere fact they tried to turn baseball into NASCAR is just a bit much for my liking.

But they ended up scratching most of that. I know they decided not to put the ads on bases.

I'll see it Thursday. I already know everything that happens from reading the book (and hope I'm not disappointed because a bunch of good stuff got cut, like with The Hulk). Plus, I've seen enough leaked clips off the net to know it looks good.

Doc Ock... In the comics, he's either a joke or a very intriguing character. Back in the 90's, when they kept killing people and bringing them right back, they did something interesting. Ock revealed that he knew that Peter Parker and Spiderman were one and the same. He'd known that for quite some time, but out of respect for Peter's Aunt May (to whom he was once engaged) he would never reveal Peter's secret. Then he died and got ressurrected with just enough amnesisa that he doesn't remember anything about who Spiderman really is. Bleagh.

There was also one very good story, in the first Spiderman Unlimited series, number 4 IIRC, where he steals a bunch of lab equipment and Spidey is trying to stop him. He keeps knocking Spidey around with the metal arms while desperately working some experiment. Finaly, the experiment fails and he just gives up. Turns out, he was trying to find a cure for AIDS to save his college sweetheart's life.

Stories like that, showing the duality of his character, are what makes him interesting.

When I was reading my newest Nintendo Power Issue, I found this in the Game Watch Section:

I just watched it last night also! It was great. I want to state something, so SPOILER ALERT!!

SPOILER! DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS!!

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

OK, here goes.

They are setting up for 2 other vilians besides Green Goblin. Peter Parkers Prof. is obviously going to become lizard man. The no arm thing gives it away.

Plus, the guy that Mary Jane is going to mary is an astronaut. He is going to bring the Venom Symbiot from outer space. I don't if he will become venom, but he sure has a motive to get spider man after Mary Jane leaves him when she finds out Peter is spider man.. But i don't know if they will change it and make him venom, or the original Eddi Brock.

Originally posted by link343@Jun 30, 2004 @ 10:48 PM

When I was reading my newest Nintendo Power Issue, I found this in the Game Watch Section:

well at least it shouldn't be rushed 😉

Back