Will burned Segacd isos work with a Segacd?

Hey Guys,

Just a quick question. I'm thinking about getting a Sega/Segacd combo. Does the segacd have a copy protection? I have some ISO/MP3 games, rare ones that can't be found anywhere, and I would like to play them on the actual segacd. Is there a way of doing this? Thanks.

racketboy is correct... you can copy a SegaCD game and play it on the machine without any problems.. the only thing to watch out for.. is that it does have country lockout.. so you can't play a JAP game on a USA machine... but there is a program out there.. that can convert the ISO to the correct country you are in... and burn the ISO.. and play all you want..

Originally posted by AmyGrrl@Sep. 17 2002, 3:57 pm

racketboy is correct... you can copy a SegaCD game and play it on the machine without any problems.. the only thing to watch out for.. is that it does have country lockout.. so you can't play a JAP game on a USA machine... but there is a program out there.. that can convert the ISO to the correct country you are in... and burn the ISO.. and play all you want..

thanks for that note

I think there is a compatibility list out there for that program. Look under the Misc. section on this site -- might be on there. It doesn't work with a lot of games, but check it out anyway.

Thanks for the help, guys. I just have a couple more question. Is there a site where I can get manuals for segacd games? Is it difficult to set up a genesis/ segacd combo? And, you can ignore this question if it's inappropriate, could someone recommend some good sites, ftps, or irc chans that have scd isos? Thanks a lot guys!

can't think of any site.. but it's pretty simple to hook the systems together.. just screw in the metal place to the Genesis.. and then slide it onto the SegaCD it's pretty simple.. just make sure both units have an A/C adapter.. and if your using a model 1 Genesis... you need an audio mixer cable.. which plugs in from the Model 1 genesis headphone jack.. and then plugs into the back of the SegaCD unit.. it is not needed for if you have a model 2 genesis.. then just attach the correct video out cable.. and your set to go...

sarcasm.gif
Ok just to get this straight. A Sega CD can support Cd-r's with no modding. Is this correct or not?

Only Exception would be the Regional Lock out code which can be adverted with a Pro Action Replay. Is this also correct?

Back